five

Scarlett Redd

When I open the door, I see Kaia sitting on the bar stool waiting for Stella to finish cooking. She seems pretty out of it. I don't wanna hassle her when she's in a bad mood though, don't wanna ruin the high.

"Stel, you excited for Friday," I ask as I grab two bottles of water from the fridge. A smile creeps onto her face. I bet she's thinking of Sebastian.

She's probably the best girlfriend out there. She meets Sebastian before every game to wish him the best of luck. They even made a secret hand signal they do when he gets on the ice where they tap two fingers on their hearts.

At the end of each game, before he gets off the ice, Sebastian skates over to wherever we are and blows Stella a kiss. It makes me both envious and nauseous.

"Always! We definitely need to pick out our fits ASAP," she tells Kaia and I. "Remember school colors ladies!"

"I'm wearing whatever the fuck I want for the after-party! I'm thinking black mini skirt, white corset top, and knee-high boots," Kaia stated.

"What do you have in mind to wear Scar?" Stella asks.

"Let's think..." as I recall every item in my closet. I'm drawing blank, remembering Vincent's comment to go naked which makes me blurt out into a fit of laughter.

"I think she's fucked right now, I'll just find her something to wear," Stella exclaims.

The girls love dressing up, myself included. We always played mix and match where we'd raid each other's closets and share clothes. I trust Stella to pick something for me.

I head back outside to see Brooke texting on my phone.

"And what are you doing out there?" I call out to the terrace. Brooke squeals and tosses my phone to the end of the coffee table.

"You seriously did not just text Vincent this whole time..." Ugh. I don't want him to think I'm into him.

"Let me read this. So he replied, 'I'm not a stalker, just like the view' to which you replied 'Right back at you ;)' and now he replied, 'Oh so you like the view too babe', and attached a photo." I stare in shock.

"Let me see that right now," Brooke pushes up next to me. It was of him in the weight room, shirtless, and man was I drooling.

"Oh girl he sooo wants you!" Brooke squeals. "Stel, Kai, get your asses out here and see this! Quick!"

I groan as Brooke runs over to the door with my phone in hand. Stella laughs as she finishes cooking and is ready to eat, while Kaia further examines the photo.

"Bitch you gotta reply with a spicy pic!"

"No way, I don't even like him," I groan. They sigh in disappointment and it makes me even more annoyed. "Fine, I'll send a picture back of me ripping the bong, here Brooke take it."

Brooke takes the picture as we're both laughing by now. It was honestly a pretty good photo of me laughing with the bong in hand.

Kaia shakes her head as she heads in and Brooke takes a sip of her water to calm down.

We grab our stuff and head back in. At this point, I just wanna have a bowl of mac and cheese and pass out, which is exactly what I'm gonna do.

——————

The ice rink is my safe haven. The cold crisp air made me feel alive. It was as if I could finally breathe.

It has been a long three days since Coach Colton gave me the boot. Friday quickly approached and I'm pretty excited for the game tonight.