forty seven

Scarlett Redd

"I can't believe I got ketchup on my jersey. I'm gonna be here scrubbing out the stain all night," Stella groans as we arrive at the loft.

"It's fine Stel, I'll work on the stain, Brooke's gonna pick out our outfits," as I cue for the girls to get Stella to get changed.

I let Kai and Brooke in about the proposal on our walk home. I just pretended to show them each different things on my phone so they'd catch a glimpse of my text.

It just said, 'Seb proposing, get her in white.'

Brooke could barely hide her excitement, while Kaia kept her cool.

I worked on the ketchup stain for about ten minutes, before putting some stain-resistant spray and soaking it in the tub.

It's the best I could do.

It's not like she won't be getting a new jersey any time soon.

"Are you ready to go?!" Brooke shouts from the doorway with Stella.

"Give me a sec! I was cleaning her jersey!" I shout as I toss my clothes on the floor and change into whatever Brooke picked out for me.

I wiggled my way into the black mini skirt and threw on the black mock neck top she had left me.

I grab my NASCAR jacket and throw on my new balance sneakers.

"I'm ready!" as Kaia makes her way out of her room as well.

We lock up the loft and make our walk over to the hockey house.

Lucky for us, Brooke's studio was on our way, and the lights being on would catch her attention.

Then that would get us inside, and boom, proposal time.

"So you and Vin, you gonna forgive him this time around too?" Stella asks as we walk closer to the studio.

"He said it wasn't his, maybe I should believe him?"

"You give in way too easily sometimes Scar, maybe keeping your guard up this time isn't so bad," Stella insists.

If there's one trait about Stella, it's that she's blatantly honest. That girl has no filter whatsoever.

"Yeah, I think for my own sanity, I want to hear it from Jenna that it's not his. She'd tell me straight," I sigh.

"Good! My best friend deserves the best," Stella insists as she pulls me with a side hug.

"Um, why are the lights on in my gallery?" Brooke asks as we can see the lights illuminating the sidewalk.

"Should we call the cops?" Kaia asks.

"Why don't we call the guys? Have them check it out?" Stella suggests.

"No!" I shout. "I'll check it out, I bet it's fine and you just forgot them downstairs," I say shifting my tone from nervous to casual.

They're definitely gonna know something's up. I maybe should have told the girl where the proposal was being held.

I give Kaia and Brooke a look with my eyes and Kaia seems to pick up on it.

"You know what guys, Scar and I will go in first, once we say the coast is clear then you guys can come up!" Kaia states.

I grabbed the keys from Brooke, who finally picked up on what I was hinting at, and waited outside with Stella.

Kaia and I walk upstairs to her studio and hear the guys shushing each other. Great way to not get anyone's attention.