two

Scarlett Redd

"He said WHAT to you! Oh boy does he have nerve," Brooke says.

The girls and I were sitting on the couch, now that their classes had finished for the day, and I filled them in about my encounter with Vincent Thompson.

"I'm gonna call to order us some pizza, so everybody shush," as they continue to bicker about Vincent. The poor guy on the phone can barely hear me over their yelling.

"He is such a dick, I swear it's because of that big head of his," Stella blurts out.

"Which one," I jokingly say back while covering the phone.

A fit of laughter is heard throughout the room as I repeat our order to the guy. "Yes, one large cheese pizza, one small vegetarian with no cheese, and one small meat lover, that will be all." I immediately hang up setting a 30-minute timer.

The pizza here is thirty minutes or it's free so we always set a timer. We successfully got our pizza free twice, leaving us with extra cash in our pockets.

Brooke thanked me for ordering her 'complicated' pizza, which was not complicated at all. She feels bad having to order special requests for her meals as a vegetarian. She's more so vegan but she's not always 100% since when she's drunk she ends up eating everything.

"Kaia we got you a meat lover," I shouted as she went to get changed out of her lab attire.

"Speaking of meat, I got my eyes on someone for this weekend," Brooke hums.

"Brooke you ALWAYS have your eyes on Dante, he just never seems to have his eyes on. He's another dick! Add him to the list Scar," Stella says.

I jokingly pretend to write Dante, on an invisible paper with an invisible pencil.

Brooke makes a frowny face at us. Growing up, Brooke was never rejected by a guy. She's always gotten whatever, or whomever she liked. Not having Dante, makes her work even harder for his attention.

"Here babes, I'll give you a kiss," Kaia says puckering up to Brooke.

She loves everyone and anyone so she always jokes around with us, most of the time.

"Sooo, Scar your 19th is next week," Stella begins to shriek in excitement. I immediately cover my ears not wanting to hear it.

Since I was 13, I tried to dodge celebrating I would spend the night sitting in my room wondering about my birth parents.

This became my annual routine every year. I'd be suckered into having a sleepover with the girls in my basement, wake up when everyone was asleep, and make my way to my bedroom to watch out my window.

I couldn't avoid the negative thoughts as I wondered why they gave up. Did they not love me? Was I a problem child? I was put into foster care before being adopted, and vaguely remember those first two years I was with them. I always felt a bit of anger and resentment towards them, sitting without answers my entire life.

The girls shake me out of it as they begin discussing plans for my party. "Chase messaged me already about hosting, and I'm on food duty," Stella continues. "Brooke you're on gift duty, and Kaia you're in charge of getting us the alcohol with Chase."

The girls agree as I continue to shake my head. Last year they tried to throw me a small party, but I just hid out in the school library since I knew they'd never find me there.

Now with my hiding spot revealed, thanks to Sebastian seeing me on his walk back from class, I have nowhere else to hide.

"Loosen up Scar, this will be fun. We'll go shopping and get you a new outfit, I'll get you a little of the good stuff, and all will be good," Brooke says in her attempt to persuade me. "And as the birthday girl, you get the first pick on any guy... except Dante."