thirteen

Scarlett Redd

"You told him to ask me out?! No way! And he didn't say no?!" Brooke exclaimed.

"Mhm, he mentioned something about how he doesn't have friends and I told him you'd be a real good friend, if you know what I mean," I smirk.

"Oh shut up! Ugh he's so dreamy guys, like have you seen him!"

We all laugh at Brooke, and Kaia even throws a few popcorn at her.

Brooke and I ate a gummy and I told them about what happened with my mom.

For once, I'm finally mellowed out. I needed a night like this.

"Kai, you've been a little off lately, what's going on?" Stella asks.

She doesn't reply, as we all shift our attention to her.

"Kai, seriously, is there something bothering you?" Stella repeats.

She practically runs to the bathroom and locks the door.

We all get up and go check to see what's happening.

"Kai, sweetie, let us in please," Brooke tries to persuade her.

"Please Kai, we're here to help!" I shout at the door.

"I don't wanna talk about it guys, I'm just overwhelmed that's all!" she shouts back.

"That's exactly why you should come out and talk to us!" Stella argues.

She opens the door while sniffling and grabs a tissue.

"I'm-I'm kinda not doing so hot with school right now. Just the stress and the classes and everything! It's just all too much!" she explains. "There's this one class that requires calculus and it's not just the basics, this is super advanced stuff, I just don't know if I can do it! Maybe I'll change my major?"

"Kai, please, you're talking out of your ass right now!" Brooke chips in.

"You're super smart, and there's no reason to give up on your dream, we'll help you! Why don't we set you up with a tutor?" I suggest.

"A tutor? Usually, I'm the tutor!" she argues back.

"Kai it's normal to have a tutor! You're not the only one on this planet that needs some help with stupid math," Stella argues.

"Why don't we set you up with Thomas? He can privately tutor you, he's a math and stats major—I'm pretty sure! Plus you guys seem to be getting along quite well!" I offer. "I can even text Vin right now to see if Thomas can arrange something if you feel that bad?"

"That's really sweet guys, but to ask the guy I like to tutor me just seems dangerous..."

"Dangerous? Girl that's like a rom speciality movie. The nerdy boy ends up with the hot girl who needs a tutor, I can see it already!" Brooke squealed.

We all started to laugh, including Kaia, and she decided to give in.

I sent Vin a text saying, "I need a favor pls, and thank you!" to which he replied, "What'd you have in mind sexy". I groan out loud and the girls' attention shifts onto me.

"Just hold on, let me call him quickly!" as I walk over to my room and close the door.

The phone rings and he answers pretty fast.

"Hey, sweet cheeks what's up?"

"Hello to you too," I groan. "Look, Kai needs Thomas to tutor her, what's the earliest he's available?"