twenty

Scarlett Redd

I run into the party to avoid dealing with Chase.

It's as if the room began to spin around me.

My heart beats out of my chest. It's beating at a million miles per hour.

I place my hand on my chest and grab onto the necklace.

His necklace.

Was it true? It was all just a bet?

Was Chase just trying to hurt me?

He would never do that.

But, Vincent.

Vincent would.

He doesn't care about the people around him.

All of this was just a fucking bet.

Of course, it was a bet! Why would he take an interest in me?

It was about the money. It's always about money.

There's just too much going on right now for me to handle another situation.

How am I supposed to tell Brooke now when I just found this all out?

I was planning to tell Vincent, but at this point, does it matter?

All I need is my girls. I need to make this thing work with Brooke before it's too late.

I start looking around to find the girls. I can spot them from the kitchen and begin to run towards them.

With tears streaming down my face, something, more like someone catches my eyes when I pass the staircase.

My eyes narrow down on Vincent as I watch him walk out of his room with his arm around Jenna.

They're both fixing their clothes before he slaps her ass. She makes her to the bathroom, while his eyes fixate on me.

On top of it all, of course, he'd fucking cheat on me. It was all too good to be true.

Our relationship wasn't even real! It was all just a sick twisted game.

Did he even cheat if this wasn't real to him? It sure as hell was real to me!

I harshly take in a deep breath and continue to stare him down.

I sprint to the kitchen and feel like I'm going to pass out.

"Scar? You good?" Brooke whispers to me in a soft tone before realizing I was crying.

"Scar?! Guys come here!" She shouts as Kaia and Stella make their way over.

"I—I," before I start to cry again.

"Brooke, I—"

"What did you see?!" Kaia shouts.

"He—he cheated on me," I manage to get out.

"HE WHAT?!" Stella screams. "Someone better hold me back because I'm gonna lose my shit!"

"And there was this bet!" I quietly say with my head hung low.

"What bet?!" they say in unison.

"He was trying to sleep with me for money! It was with Aidan and Max, oh my god, he's such a horrible person!" I say in between sniffles and wipe my tears on the back of my hand.

They all look at me with horrified looks on their faces. Brooke looks fired up, while Kaia pulls me in for a hug. Stella calls Sebastian over because she's about to lose it...