forty three

Vincent Thompson

I've never seen such strange behavior in my life.

The guys must have noticed. Right?

We hop into my car and sit there for a minute in silence.

I look in the rearview mirror and watch the guys all looking back at one another.

"That was—weird, right?"

"Oh thank god, I thought that too," Chase says in relief.

"They're pregnant! Someone's pregnant!" Thomas says before anyone can answer.

We look at one another and I wonder now if he was acting crazy too.

Maybe it was Stella's pitcher?

"I'm serious guys! I saw the tests!" Thomas blurts out.

"Are you sure what you saw was right?" Sebastian nervously asks.

"Dude, you're so gross, why were you even looking in the trash?" Chase mumbles.

"Not in the trash! Under the sink! In my defense, they didn't have toilet paper! Usually, people keep it under there. I just happened to stumble upon the tests when the roll was behind a bag and it all fell on the floor. I scrambled to clean it up quickly, but I saw one positive test. Someone's pregnant in there!"

"Woah, woah, woah, let's just calm down here. Are you sure you didn't just find a couple of thermometers? Maybe someone's sick?" Chase asks back.

"They were tests! I saw them!"

The car ride consisted of me speeding to get home and process what Thomas just said.

When we got inside we went straight to sit on the couch and have Thomas repeat everything for a third time.

We're now nervously pacing around the living room thinking of what to do.

"So one test was positive for sure?" I ask again.

"Do I need to repeat myself?!" Thomas shouts as he goes to grab himself a beer.

Well, shit.

I can't even remember the last time Scar mentioned her period.

"One test only?" Sebastian asks. "Did you look at all of them?"

"Well yeah, I had to pick them up and saw the plus sign on one of them!"

"Dude! You touched it?! With your hands?!" Chase shouts.

"How was I supposed to touch them? With my feet?!"

"You know they peed on them, right?" I mention.

"They didn't just dip it in a cup or something?"

"You think they're sophisticated enough to pee in a cup and then dip it... Are we thinking of the same group of girls?!" Sebastian brings up.

He was right. Sebastian told us stories before about the girls and how they can be just as gross as us guys.

I'm not complaining, but Thomas definitely touched piss.

Dante laughs as he walks over to the kitchen to get himself a drink. He doesn't seem too alarmed, I guess he never got with Brooke after all.

"You washed your hands at least, right?" I remind him.

"Obviously! It's just piss, I'll be fine..." he says before sinking himself into the couch next to Chase.

"Did you guys notice none of them wanted to drink either? Do you think they know?" Chase brings up. "And that peach story? That was just so weird Vin, what the fuck was that!"