twenty eight

Scarlett Redd

It feels good to be back. The first thing I went for when we got back was to light up. It was much needed.

Tonight's Brooke's art show and she should be flying in shortly. Stella arranged an Uber for her, and by Uber, I meant Sebastian.

She and Seb are going to pick her up and bring her straight to the show since her flight took off late.

"Scar, do you know what you're wearing?!" Kaia yells out from the other room.

"Brooke said it's like formal? I'm just thinking of wearing a dress, black stockings, and my leather jacket. It's fucking cold out!"

"I know! I'm thinking of the black dress with the flared sleeves and a trench coat! Then I can pair that with my grey and white plaid scarf, earmuffs, and gloves?"

"Sounds good! Thank god it's right across the street. If we had to go any further I would not have been happy!"

"Speaking of happy..." Kaia says as she comes to my room.

Oh god. What did she do now?

"Are you in a good mood Scar?"

"Not at the moment. What did you do..."

She looks nervous. She's fiddling with her bracelet and won't look at me.

"Don't kill me but—"

"Just say it Kai!" as I reach for my pack.

"I kinda invited the guys..."

"Why would you do that?!"

Now will be a great time for a cigarette. I grab my coat and walk past her to go to the terrace.

"Because I think it would be nice! Plus I knew if I invited Thomas, the other guys would ask..."

"So your great plan was to invite ALL of them?!" I shout as I walk onto the terrace.

Smoking really does calm my nerves. I have to face Vincent for the first time since the flight and Chase after Thanksgiving ugh.

What do I even say to them? Can I avoid them? Is that acceptable?

I don't owe either of them my time or attention. Chase's words hurt me. And Vincent's actions hurt me.

They hurt me.

I take in a few puffs and blow it out as the frosty air follows from my warm breath. My fingertips are getting colder by the second and I tap out the remainder of my cigarette.

"I promise they won't talk to you! Thomas told me that last night Chase and Vincent hashed things out so you're okay. Plus don't you have that project to work on still?"

I would rather do the entire project alone to avoid them both.

After what Chase said, I don't know how I feel. For someone who loves me, he thinks so low of me.

Vincent promised me my space, and after a week of not really talking, I think he deserves a chance to talk to me.

It's the adult thing to do. I should hear him out. All we've been doing is arguing and it ends with him apologizing.

He really fucked up by sleeping with Jenna.

Vincent insists he was out of the bet. The girls even said that he beat up Aidan and it all adds up from what he told me.

I realize it's just shy of seven and I need to get changed before we're late.

"Stel just told me they got off the highway and should be back in 15! Get ready!"