𝟏𝟖↬❛ I have no blame or regret, I only want to be with you ❜

Destined: to meet you
Chapter 18: I have no blame or regret, I only want to be with you
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Destined: to meet youChapter 18: I have no blame or regret, I only want to be with you ≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"So the center of the maze was her heart," Lin Chao Xing remarks, piecing together the revelation.

"Hmm. This is the work of an illusion demon," Liu Xi Wang begins, his voice carrying a weight of knowledge and experience.

"They often utilize other people's hearts as the focal point for their intricate mazes of deception. Since they lack a physical form of their own, they must rely on such anchors to weave their illusions."

"Xing Xing, do you recall the visions you glimpsed of the future?"

His tone, both inquisitive and authoritative, seeking confirmation while also guiding Lin Chao Xing to connect the pieces of the puzzle.

"Yes, I do," Lin Chao Xing confirms, but before she can continue, a sudden realization strikes her.

"So you mean..."

"Yes, the girl whose heart was dug out was the real Zhang Wei Wei, and this is just an illusion demon using her body. And all the things occurring in Zhang Mansion are also because of her," Liu Xi Wang concludes.

"You really know a lot of things, huh? Aren't you afraid something like that will happen to you too?" Zhang Wei Wei interjects, her heart still in her hand, a grim reminder of the sinister forces at play.

As she suddenly produces a small blade and plunges it directly into the heart, a splatter of blood erupts, drenching her face in crimson.

The metallic tang fills the air as the ground beneath them begins to tremble violently.

As the ground abruptly ceases its tremors, a bewildered expression overtakes Zhang Wei Wei's features.

Confusion clouds her gaze as she tries to make sense of the sudden turn of events. Then, to her astonishment, upside-down arrow marks begin to materialize across her body, each one appearing as if etched into her flesh by an unseen force.

"No, this can't be happening," Zhang Wei Wei protests, her voice tinged with desperation.

"They promised me a second chance. They can't abandon me like this!"

Her words echo with a sense of betrayal, as she grapples with the realization that her hopes for redemption have been dashed.

In a swift and merciless onslaught, a barrage of arrows descends upon Zhang Wei Wei from all directions, piercing every part of her body with chilling precision.

With each strike, her form begins to crystallize, transforming into that of ice, her once vibrant essence frozen in an eternal embrace of cold despair.

"This..." Lin Chao Xing begins, her voice barely above a whisper, as she looks towards Liu Xi Wang, who shares a similar expression of solemn understanding.