(10)Fun is for the Free

"Why did you want to harm yourself?"

"I was sick of everything."

"What is everything?"

"Everything."

I sighed, leaning back into the seat as she continued asking me these dumb questions. Apparently my old therapist was on sick leave, so I had to attend to this blond-haired blue eyed perfection looking woman. More or less, she looked around 22 or 20, which I found relatively odd.

"I need real answers to help you, you know that right?" She asked, a fake smile spreading across her pink tinted lips. I nodded, pursing my lips towards her.

"Okay. What is everything?" She said again, fixing her low rise glasses.

I paused, crossing my arms as I began to think of what everything was that caused me to want to kill myself. All the pain I had felt, all the tears I had cried, all the lonely days. All of that was so recent, but it all seemed so distant. Like a faded memory, because suddenly everything has changed in my life. Liam was here now, and I knew about all of this. I had met his band members, figured out his band was known nationally which did scare me.

That would mean a lot of people will know my name, surely my face is already in magazines. I dreaded the moment I would walk into the corner store and see myself plastered to the front of them.

"Losing my parents. Almost losing myself." I answered quietly, bringing my knees up onto the leather couch. She nodded, writing something that I tried to see, but she quickly hid it.

"How did you lose yourself?" She said in a clear, high pitched voice. I sighed again, burying my head in my arms.

"I don't know how to answer that."

"Did you start to drink-"

I cut her off sharply, knowing exactly what she was going to say.

"No! I didn't. I just started crying, okay? Every day. Every night. I wouldn't leave the house unless I had to." I blurted out, the moment they left my lips I regretted them.

Do you ever have that feeling that you don't know someone but you find yourself telling them every bit about you? A stranger, knowing your weaknesses and strengths, it felt all very odd to me.

I felt the tears start to sting at my eyes, but I didn't take notice to it at all as I gave her a cold hard stare. I hated this, I hated all of it.

"I know this is hard, but as soon as this is over I promise I'll go easier on you." She said, suddenly changing the tone in her voice from demanding almost to calm, considerate. I wondered if she had mood changing problems, or if she was trying to pose as a hard working lady.

"I won't do it again, okay?" I said after a few moments of silence in the air. She sighed, looking at me for a few moments, hesitating on her next words.

"What's your favorite color?" She asked, a genuine smile now on her lips. I frowned, but answered anyways.

"Red, or blue. I'm not sure, actually. I've always felt that if I chose one color that I would be offending the others." She laughed, and I felt myself joining in with her.

"Mine's green, since it reminds me of Easter and spring, and summer." I nodded, feeling the tension disappear from the room. She swivelled around in her spinning chair, before placing her notepad on her black desk.

"Since our time's almost up, I'm going to give you one challenge," She began, taking off her glasses and uncrossing her thin legs. What sort of challenge did she have in mind for me?