(11) Learning

I sighed, furrowing my eye brows towards the ever so hopeful Liam.

"Liam, I-I can't go on tour with you."

His face, which was pleading for an answer seconds ago, suddenly looked distraught as he realized what I had said.

"Why not? It's okay, just I was wondering.." He murmured, keeping his eyes trained on mine.

"Now, that I'm trying hard to get my life back in order, I-I want to go to college. I want to get a job, and not live off some person I've never even met's funds. Liam, I can't." I choked out, gripping the slippery cup tightly. When I said that, he sunk back into his chair, realization hitting him. It hurt me, and I knew I in my heart that I would never, ever deserve someone like him.

"I understand, I see. You have a life, why didn't I think twice? I'm sorry, I'm sorry Raven." He mumbled, pursing his lips. Was he trying to rip me in two, to to drain every happy feeling I had with that look of sadness? Because it was killing me.

"No Liam I'm sorry. Can we just forget that this conversation happened, just hang out until you have to leave?" I asked, biting my lip nervously. He looked up, his brown eyes looking into mine with patience.

"Of course, of course." He mumbled, a small smile spreading across his lips as he stood up, holding out his hand to me. I wasted no time, standing up as I nervously wrapped our hands together, feeling the small ache in my heart grow 2x bigger.

-

"Where are we going, Liam?" I laughed, as he drove further into town, the sun settling across the buildings around us.

"How do you feel about Laser-Tag?" He asked, looking over to me from the driver's seat, chuckling.

I widened my eyes, looking at him with speculation. Laser tag, I hadn't ever played it before. It seemed fun in commercials I had seen on the telly, and when I was younger sometimes people invited me to their birthday parties, which they had gone to huge parties at places like that.

"I've never played it before, sadly." I answered, flattening my hands out on my lap. He looked away from the road for a second, widening his eyes with speculation.

"Really? I'm glad I'm your first."

We both blushed at that, and I laughed nervously.

"Oh I didn't mean it like that, you know." He chuckled, replacing his grip on the steering wheel as he pulled into a bright, popping building with colorful fonts for the name, Laser Tagged. Blunt, I must admit. 

Before I could exit the sleek, future-looking speed car which I had nearly doubled over at when I saw, Liam came running to my side, the door being opened for me.

"Gentleman , aren't you." I laughed, blushing somewhat as the heat flooded my cheeks. Being with Liam was easy, you could almost say as easy as seeing.

Seeing is believing, isn't it?

"You could say so, Raven." He said, smiling as he intertwined our hands once again. The gesture he did was simple, but even at the same type I felt the familiar ache in my heart that I wondered what it could be.

When we got in, the colors and lights above made our t-shits glow in a laser type way, which I thought was pretty amazing, earning myself a laugh from Liam as I kept looking down at my light blue shirt, with buttons done up.

"Hi, what would you like today?" The young guy at the counter asked, with tanned skin and curly black hair.

"Two games, please." Liam answered, already reaching into his wallet to gather the money. I rolled my eyes, wanting to pay for it but I knew he wouldn't allow.