💙✨Betrothed to a Prince (Stolas)✨💙

Requested by: @raven121_u

Pairing: Stolas x female!Reader

Summary: Y/N had been betrothed with Stolas ever since she was young. As she grew older, she never minded that she was her husband. He made good company and they liked similar things. She was just about ready to confess her true feelings to him when she saw something that she wished she didn't that nearly broke her heart...

-Flashback-

I joyfully ran around every corner of my palace, laughing until my stomach ached as my father playfully chased me down the hallways.

"Get back here!" He laughed as I took a turn towards the throne room.

"No ahh!" I giggled and he soon scooped me up.

"Now..." He struggled to pick me up as I squirmed around in his grasp, still giggling madly, "I do have something more serious to talk about, my star."

I stopped squirming and looked up at him, "what is it father?" I asked.

He gave me a small smile and set me down on his lap, taking a seat on his throne.

He let out a soft chuckle as he stroked my hair with his fingers. "Me and your mother don't know how you'll take this...but I suppose we must tell you..." He ruffled my hair some more.

I gulped nervously. "Am I...in trouble?" I asked nervously.

She smiled sadly and shook his head, "no my star...you're not in trouble...but you must hear this..."

"Oh, okay..." I waited with bated breath for him to continue what he was going to say.

"We...we don't have much of a choice to do this my dear but...you have to fully understand that I did everything in my power to make things go as well as they can for you..."

I nodded slowly, bracing myself for the worst.
"We...me and your mother...have arranged a marriage for you, Y/N."

My eyes widened, "n-now?"

He chuckled and smiled, "no my star...not now...in the future, the far, far, future..."

I felt my heart sink and the once pleasant and giddy feeling that I once felt when I ran carefree around the castle had now melted into dread and gloom.

"Marriage..." I echoed.

"Marriage...but we tried to find the nicest prince for you, darling! We really did!" He dug around in his pocket and pulled out a small photograph of a friendly-looking, dark blue bird demon.

Well, at least he looks kind-hearted...

"His name is Stolas!" My father said excitedly, holding the photograph closer to my face.

"When...when will I be wed to him, father?" I asked, looking up innocently at him.

He ruffled my hair, "not anytime incredibly soon my star...within time and when we think it's fair and ready, then you'll meet him...but that will be years and years from now..."

I smiled weakly, "I'll do it father...I will...I'll try to be happy..."

He smiled back, "you will be, but please, do this for me...do this for our family..."

"Yes...for...for our family..." I repeated.

But the words felt sour in my mouth.

-Time skip about a decade later-

I sobbed silently into my pillow, rubbing my eyes and saw that I messed up my mascara.

I groaned and sat up in my bed, moving over to the bathroom.