Coming Out

A/N: Happy Pride 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Greg watched Steven carefully as he and his friends all joked around and shoved at each other. Being a previous rockstar turned manager, he had seen everything from the good to the bad of show business.

He'd seen scandals and rumors and horrible things he'd prefer not to think about anymore. Sure, he wasn't ever really famous, but traveling on the road to venues and parties meant he'd been on the tail end of a lot of really crappy things. Marty was a horrible manager, but none of that mattered now.

He sipped at his beer and smiled to himself. Steven was certainly living a dream, and the smile he smiled at them all, his friends reciprocated at the same wattage. Kids these days were so put together. Steven's friends were just like his son looks wise but so distinctly different from each other.

Best friends, Greg could tell they were best friends. They all seemed so close, so... "Oh my stars." Greg dropped his can of beer and his jaw dropped to the sand. "My son just kissed a boy."

That's exactly what happened: The tall dark skinned kid had grabbed a shovel from Steven and he'd crossed his arms rather poutily. "Aw, come on, Princess," He comforted with a laugh. "Don't be like that."

Deciding to compensate him, he puckered his lips and Steven accepted it happily to a few teases. The other kid even brushed his thumb over Steven's cheek sweetly. It was so romantic... and easy.

Greg's jaw dropped even further when Connie, sweet, responsible Connie who he was sure kept his son together, gasped and shoved at Hazel. For a second, Greg's heart stopped in his chest. He knew damn well he didn't (kinda) raise his son to be disloyal.

But no, Hazel picked her up and pulled her on his lap for another kiss. She giggled and ran her fingers over the shell of his ear but Steven paid no mind as he joked to the blonde girl. She laughed and tossed Steven a better shovel, tipping her head at him and muttering something that made him turn scarlet and nod as a delighted and decidedly naughty grin lifted his face.

"Holy shit." Greg could feel his blood rushing through his veins faster and his blood pressure heightening. "What are they doing...?"

The fun didn't stop there, oh no. The kid wearing black trunks was pulled into an impromptu kiss with the freckled one Greg was positive was in a relationship with the curly haired girl. It was a very long kiss they were both grinning wildly into, and Greg almost felt like maybe he should just go back inside.

Then Steven must have said something quietly. They froze and looked mortified before all turning to Greg, to which Steven exclaimed, "Are you guys even listening to me?! That's exactly what I told you not to do!"

For a moment, they just stared at each other and finally Steven turned to look at his dad. It was fascinating to him how his nearly 7' ultra-powerful son looked afraid he was going to spank him or take away his video games. Greg knew his son better now than he did as a kid, but he was absolutely floored. Millions of questions bloomed like Roses flowers in his head.

Steven sighed heavily and stood, then thinking better or just being a flirt, knelt to give Connie a piggyback ride. He said something to the rest of them and they looked apprehensive before following suit. Greg tried not to seem intimidating, and that wasn't a hard task when he was soft around the middle. The very least he could do was try not to look like he was angry as they slowly approached him.

So now they were all awkwardly standing in front of him while he was sitting. If anything, they looked far more intimidating than him, though they were clearly nervous and embarrassed. Greg couldn't help but notice the kid who Steven kissed and the pale kid next to him being protective in their stances: an almost identical crossed arms pose though the shorter ones knees were loose like he was prepared for a fight.