nine

Vincent Thompson

Mondays are the most dreadful day of the week. After having a double yesterday, there was no way I'd be doing any drills today.

The weight room in the morning is always loud and energetic. Coach comes back to check that we're all there and then heads to his office.

"So any big plans on the weekend Thompson? I saw you leaving with Scarlett Friday night and didn't see you come back, what happened there?" Aidan announced.

I groan as everyone's eyes shift towards me.

"No, nothing happened, sorry to disappoint fellas, but I was just hanging out with a friend," I emphasize.

Chase and Thomas turn back as they switch spotting one another and I walk over to Aidan.

"You better shut the fuck up around them, the guys are friends with her you dumbass!" I angrily whisper.

"How's the bet coming along? Did you make it anywhere with the prude? Remember you've got till the end of term, so that's what, roughly two months, eight weeks excluding Thanksgiving?" Aidan fires back.

"I don't know if this is a good idea anymore dude, the money is tempting but it doesn't feel right..." I keep my voice low so nobody can hear.

"You don't think you can do it, can you? That's hilarious bud. You don't sleep with her and you lose both your car and your status. Must be rough," he states.

"Let's hash out a new bet, this is lame anyway! She'll put out for me, I just don't wanna wager anything anymore. Keep your money you spoiled brat!" I say as I grow angry.

Everyone in the weight room turns around and can see I'm getting angry.

"Listen up everybody, Thompson over here wants out of a bet. You guys can decide! How does that sound buddy?" Aidan snarky replies.

He's about to open his mouth, but before he can get a word out, I throw a punch square to his jaw. Before I know it, I'm onto him punching the literal shit out of him.

He manages to get a hit in, punching me right in the eye before the guys jump in and pull us apart.

My knuckles are covered in blood and Aidan's lip splits, as he spits out blood.

He has a sly smirk on his face and I walk away before he gets even more hurt.

"We made a bet that he's gotta sleep with that prude Scarlett Redd for 100k! If—more so when he loses, I get his captain spot and his car!" he shouts out.

The room falls silent. Chase and Sebastian are the first to look at me in pure disgust. I look back at Thomas for reassurance, but he looks away. I fucked up.

Fuck. This is gonna get right back to her.

I jump right back in and keep hitting Aidan until I hear the weight room doors fling open.

"What in God's name is going on in here?!" Coach Colton exclaims. "You two, my office, NOW!"

I know I'm pretty screwed but I don't care. I gotta find a way out and this is it.

"This is fucking over, I'm not doing it anymore. It's just too fucked up for me and I got a lot for my future. I'm not fucking this up for some money. It's done!" I shout at Aidan.

His face is dripping blood. His lips busted open and his teeth were covered in blood. He nods in agreement as we both sit in the coach's office.

"What the hell is going on between you two?! I've never seen you so heated Thompson, save it for the ice. You're both doing doubles this week until our game Friday! I don't wanna hear it. And Vince for that stunt you pulled, say hello to your new assistant captain." Coach Colton explains.