thirty six

Scarlett Redd

After our little incident last night, we delayed having dinner.

His birthday dinner turned into a mission to find a pharmacy open with a Plan B available...

Luckily we found one just before they closed. It wasn't late. The snow was picking up again and the city was declared in a state of emergency.

It alerted all citizens to have extra flashlights, batteries, heating supplies, food, water, and any other necessities. With the heavy snow, they expected there to be power lines affected.

By the time we got back, we were both so exhausted that we just opted to eat takeout and save the steak for lunch tomorrow. We did eat the birthday cookies, and to my surprise, they weren't half bad!

"Vin, we gotta get up, come on," I groan as he pulls me closer to his body.

"No way am I letting you go," he mumbles as his grip tightens around my waist.

"We can shower together?" I propose as he immediately jolts out of bed.

"I'll grab the towels!" he exclaims as I drag myself out of bed.

The pharmacist said the Plan B should work since it was caught early. Vincent insisted he'd pay. Apparently, that was a backup condom that probably expired years ago...

I don't feel much different except for the part where I had amazing sex. I was a little embarrassed after everything because there was a bit of blood on the condom, but I think that was the least of our worries.

I took a shower alone before we went to the pharmacy so I could take in everything that happened. He went to start the car while I got ready.

The shower head makes a spurt noise as I hear the water start. I grab myself a baggy sweatshirt, my underwear, and a pair of socks before going to the bathroom.

"It's extra hot," he shouts over the water. The mirror's already getting fogged up and I toss my clothes on the floor before getting in.

"Good morning."

"Good morning," I say back with a shy smile. He leads his head down to kiss me as the water trickles down his back. "Don't be a water hog, I'm cold!"

He moves back a little to let the water hit me.

"I'm sorry about last night, I didn't expect that to happen."

"Things happen out of our control Vin. I wouldn't worry," I insist as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Wanna wash my back?"

"Ew, no! We still have steak and mashed potatoes to cook for lunch and the girls are going to be here shortly. Let's get a move on."

"You're no fun when you're grumpy," he says with a pouty face. I stand on my tippy toes to kiss him softly and he smiles again.

He finishes washing off the soap before stepping aside for me to rinse off.

"I gotta rinse my hair, can you move over you giant," I groan.

"I'm getting out! I think somebody's hungry. I'll dry up and start on those steaks?"

"That actually sounds great. Then I can give you your real gift."

"You were my real gift! It was the perfect gift," he says as he dries off.

"Well, there's more!"

"Is it round two?"

"Get out," I groan. I hear the door close behind him as I finish washing up.