12

As the sun rose on the next morning Miranda reclined on her bed, her phone cradled against her ear. On the other end of the line, her son's cheerful voice filled the air, bringing a smile to her lips.

"Hey, sweetie," Miranda greeted warmly, her heart swelling with love at the sound of her son's voice. "How's Grandma's house? Are you having fun?"

Her son's excited chatter filled the line, a torrent of stories and anecdotes about his time with Tucker's mother. Miranda listened intently, her heart brimming with gratitude for the woman who had become an unexpected source of support in their lives.

"I'm so glad to hear that," Miranda replied, her voice filled with genuine happiness. "And remember to be on your best behavior, okay? Grandma's taking good care of you while Mommy's away."

Her son's enthusiastic agreement brought a smile to her lips. As she spoke on the phone, Miranda's gaze shifted, and she caught sight of Ben walking out of the bathroom. Freshly showered, a towel wrapped around his waist, he exuded an air of effortless confidence. His dark, smooth skin glistened with droplets of water, accentuating his chiseled features and strong jawline. His short, neatly trimmed hair framed his face, adding to his striking appearance. With deep, soulful eyes and a warm smile, he had a magnetic presence that drew her in, leaving her momentarily speechless.

"Tuck,Mommy will talk to you later" Miranda quickly uttered and hung up before her son had a chance to respond

"I see you're eager to give me your undivided attention," he quipped, his voice low and teasing. "But did you really have to hang up on your poor son?"

"He has a very forgiving heart." She smiled "besides something important came up"

Ben raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Oh? And what might that be?" he asked, his tone playful yet intrigued.

With a mischievous glint in her eyes, Miranda leaned in closer, her breath mingling with his. "You," she whispered, her voice dripping with seduction as she closed the distance between them.

Their lips met in a fiery kiss, passion igniting between them like a wildfire. In that moment, nothing else mattered except the heat of their bodies pressed together and the intoxicating rush of desire that consumed them both.

He pulled away first and she slightly groaned at the loss of contact with him. " I gotta get dressed" He chuckled " "What do you say we go out and explore the city?"

Miranda grinned, her fingers tracing playful patterns on his chest. "I think all the sights I want to see are right before me," she teased, her voice low and sultry. "Why go out when I have the most breathtaking view right here?"

Ben's laughter filled the room "Looks like you've had a taste of the good stuff and now you're addicted," he joked, his tone light and affectionate.

Miranda grinned, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Guilty as charged," she quipped, her voice filled with playful banter as she pulled him closer for another kiss. As their lips met once more, the kiss deepened, fueled by an undeniable passion that ignited between them. Ben's arms wrapped around Miranda, pulling her closer as they lost themselves in the heat of the moment. Their breath mingled, hearts racing in sync as they surrendered to the intensity of their desire.

A knock on the door shattered the moment of bliss between Ben and Miranda, leaving them both momentarily breathless. Ben's gaze flickered to the door, a hint of frustration flashing in his eyes. "Seriously?" he muttered, reluctantly disentangling himself from Miranda's embrace to go see who it was.

"Ben you're just in a towel" She reminded

"Whoever it is just interrupted me from taking off this towel." He continued to the door and looked through the peephole. Ben's jaw tightened as he glanced through the peephole and caught sight of Tucker standing outside. A surge of frustration coursed through him at the unwelcome interruption.