🥀I Love You Too (Alastor)🥀

Requested by: ValerieWinks777

Paring: Alastor x female!Reader

Summary: Alastor and Y/N have been best friends all their lives, as long as they could remember. They've both shared on and off feelings for each other and confessed, but they always seem to miss each other in that gap...

(I know it's a lil confusing but you'll get it eventually. Also you guys simp for this deer cannibal?!? Me too...)

~•*•~

Why would you love someone if they'll never love you back?

~•*•~

-Flashback-

"Alastor Alastor!" I said, running up to my friend.

"Y/N!" He said, turning around to hug me.

I blushed. "I...I have something I want to tell you," I said nervously, fiddling with my hands a bit.

He raised an eyebrow, "oh?" He chuckled. "What's that my dear?"

I took a deep breath...

Here it is...here it is...I'm actually doing it this time...

"I like you," I blurted out.

His face remained still, his smile ever so present as always, though it faltered at my words.

He managed a small chuckle. "W-well...I'm flattered, Y/N...and...you really are wonderful...but..." He hesitated.

"...but?"

He took a deep breath, "I don't feel...the same..." His smile saddened.

I felt my heart sink, the world turned round and round as my ears started to ring.

I had made a fool of myself.

"O-oh...um...okay! That's...that's fine..." I said, backing away.

"But we can still be friends of course!" Alastor replied, trying to cheer me up.

I appreciated his concern, but nothing was going to make me feel better. I felt nauseous...I was on the verge of puke...

"Y-yeah...of course..." I said, closing my mouth tightly before anything else came out.

And just like that, I took the coward's way out, running to the bathroom to collect myself as I cried myself to sleep that night, thinking...

Why would you ever love someone if they'll never love you back?

Easy, you don't.

And that was something I decided from right there, from then on...

~•*•~

-3 years later-

I was at the hotel, sitting at a bar table by myself,
texting on my phone when a smiling figure approached me, looking exceptionally content today...

I turned to him, "oh, hey Al!" I said, raising up my glass to him.

Taking a sip, I asked, "what's got you so peppy today?" I chuckled.

He laughed back cheerfully, "today is very special my dear!" He said excitedly.

I raised an eyebrow, smirking. "And why's that?" I asked.

"Because..." He took my hand in his.

I gave a small, confused smile, taking yet another sip of my beverage.