Chapter 2: Night Fury

——————————🔥——————————

The escaped torch allowed the Nadders to escape and use the net to carry off a bunch of sheep.

Hiccup awkwardly looked at his dad. "Okay, but I hit a Night Fury."

Stoick grabbed Hiccup's arm and started dragging him back to the house.

"It's not like the first few times Dad! I really actually hit it! You guys were busy and I had a very clear shot. It went down off Raven Point. Let's get a search party..."

"Stop!" Stoick bellowed. "Just stop. Every time you go outside, disaster follows. Can't you see that I have bigger problems? Winter is almost here, and I have an entire village to feed."

"Between you and me, the village could do with a little less feeding." Hiccup commented.

"This isn't a joke, Hiccup." Stoick scolded. "Why can't you follow the simplest orders?"

"I can't stop myself. I see a dragon and I have to just...kill it. You know? It's who I am, dad."

Stoick put his hand to his head. "Oh, you're many things Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them. Get back in the house. Makes sure he gets there." He told Gobber. "I have his mess to clean up."

Gobber came forward and whacked Hiccup on the head before making him walk to the house. As he passed the other teenagers, they all started snickering at him.

"Quite a performance."

"I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped."

"Thank you, thank you, I was trying." Hiccup replied sarcastically.

Gobber reached up and pulled Snotlout's helmet over his eyes and pushed him to the ground.

(Y/n) was standing next to Astro who was just staring at Hiccup with a blank expression. As Hiccup and Gobber passed them, (Y/n) went to step forward and follow them, but Astro gently grabbed her wrist and tugged her back, shaking his head.

...

"I really did hit one." Hiccup insisted.

"Sure Hiccup."

"He never listens."

"It runs in the family."

"And when he does it's always with this disappointed scowl, like someone skimped on meat in his sandwhich. 'Excuse me barmaid, I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone." He mocked.

"Now, you're looking at this all wrong. It's not what you look like, it's what's inside that he can't stand." Gobber told him.

Hiccup gave him a deadpanned look. "Thank you for summing that up."

"Look, the point is, stop trying to be something you're not."

"I just wanna be one of you guys." Hiccup confessed, as he sadly opened the door to his house and went inside.