School (Isn't) Sucky

✮✮✮Now Playing : Show Me How , Men I Trust ✮✮✮

✮✮✮
Now Playing : Show Me How , Men I Trust
✮✮✮

School isn't as fun as you thought it would be.

You get yelled at a lot. Mostly for falling asleep in class, and for saying 'no thank you' when you were asked to introduce yourself. She made you do it anyways.

And your name clip on the color chart is moved down to red. You're devastated.

At least, the beginning of the day was sucky.

Near mid-day, a group near the dollhouse corner screamed. Everyone, including you, look over to see what's happening.

There's a little spider crawling about on the floor. You think it's cute, but the sobbing children and the cringing teacher obviously disagree.

Before any of the boys can throw it around (because yes, they were thinking of doing so), you waddle over with a piece of blue construction paper, pick the little think right up, and place it on the grass outside.

It's not until you get up from your crouched position do you realize the entire class had followed you in anticipation.

"Woah [Name]!! You're so brave!!"

"[Name]'s so cool, look teacher!!"

You blink, a little unfazed. Just a bit.

The teacher rewards your bravery with a gold star sticker and a single sour patch kid that you munch on happily. This somehow adds to your image as brave to the children, as no one else could handle the sour candy.

And your sticker is moved back up to green.

School rocks.

As the bell rings, you pull on your outdoor shoes with a little difficultly, not hearing footsteps behind you.

You jump, feeling a tap on your shoulder. You turn.

"[Name]."

"Oh. Totoroki." you give the boy a little wave. He waves back.

His face goes a bit red and you both stand there in silence until a loud voice booms through the hallway. The boy jumps and you look over, trying to see what that's about.

"I like that you don't kill bugs. Will you be my friend?"

You turn back to Totoroki and nod casually, pushing your foot fully into your little mary janes and heading out of the main door.

You miss the happy little Shoto and his father stomping in to pick him up.