Awkward Dinners and Unexpected Attention

✮✮✮Now Playing : From The Subway Train , Vansire ✮✮✮

✮✮✮
Now Playing : From The Subway Train , Vansire
✮✮✮

It's a saturday when you get a call.

Well, not you exactly, but your parents get a call.

"Is this the number of uhm- Mako [Lastname]?"

Your father, who's currently holding the phone to his ear, gasps and smiles at the voice. "Is this Totoroki Enji? Hello old sport! what can I do for you? It's been a good couple of years, hasn't it?"

The man on the other side clears his throat. "Yes. Yes it has. It has come to my attention that your daughter, [Name] I believe, has somehow made a connection with my Shoto. My son has been begging me up and down to meet her and allow her to be in his company.

"I'm quite strict about my son's friendships. In any other case, it would have been an immediate no, but I remembered you from our time together. I'm not prone to giving compliments in the slightest, but you're a good man. I invite you, your wife and your child to have dinner with us this once; I will observe your daughter and see if she has any alternate motives for befriending my Shoto. If I see she has none, I will allow them a friendship."

"Oh wow," your father laughs, "so many words for someone I remember being quite quiet. I would more than happy to come over, old friend! Just tell me where and what time, as well as what to bring, and we'll be glad to."

Your father discusses for a while longer, until finally hanging up with a wide smile on his face.

"Bella, dear-"

"Shh."

You shush the man, cuddling into your step mom a little more as you refocus your attention onto Jersey Shore.

Your step mother just sighs. "What is it, hun?"

"[Name], you know your little friend from school?"

You nod. "Shoto. He follows me around a lot. Sometimes he gives me ladybugs."

"That's so cute." the man smiles, before regaining his attention. "Right- well his father invited us over to their home for dinner tonight! Isn't that exciting?"

Bella nods with a wide grin, and you shrug.

✧✧✧

So that night, around six o'clock, your mother, father, and yourself find yourselves infront of a large, traditional looking house.

Large was an understatement actually. Huge, or giant, would be better synonyms.

You crane your neck to look up, and your father flicks the back of your head with a quick whisper of, "Don't stare." He's a softie though, so he picks you up anyways and you wait in his arms as your step mom rings the door bell.

The door opens after a good half a minute, and standing there is a turtle neck adorning Endevor, known as good old Enji to your father.

"Totoroki! A pleasure to see you again! This is my little one, [Name]. Say hello sweetheart."

You stare into the man's eyes and for a moment he think's you're somehow soulless. Then you crack a tiny smile, holding out your tiny hand for him to shake. "Hello Mister."

He stares at you for a moment, blinking then overpowering your hand in his at least four times bigger one.

"Hello Miss [Name]. I have high hopes for you."

Your father jumps with realization. "Oh, and this is my wife, Bella."

"I'm honored to meet you, Endevor." she smiles widely. The man can already see a stark difference in personality between you and the woman, and adding your very different looks to that, he correctly assumes she isn't your biological mother.

Enji opens the door wide, and your father places you on the floor, letting you walk on on your own. You slip your little mary janes off and fix your lacey socks before hearing footsteps.

"Who's?..."

A voice, as raspy as a child's voice could be, calls out before you look up from your shoes, and make eye contact.

He stares at you. You stare at him.

He has eyes that remind you of the ocean. Looking into them, you can almost feel the waves crashing into you.

"I'm [Name]." you say plainly, despite your strangely jittery attitude on the inside.

The boy nods. "I'm Touya."

You look back at your parent, busy chatting with Rei Totoroki, a woman you had only heard good things about, and Enji again.

Turning back to the boy, you find his eyes are still on you. You smile, fixing your tiny sweater on your shoulders before walking over.

"Dinner?" you ask, voice cracking a little with a yawn.

"Oh." he mutters. "That's soon. Not now though, adults take forever to talk."

You nod along. "My dad talks to much. We'll be here for a while."

Silence envelopes you again before you hear a little gasp from the end of the hall.

"[Name]!"

"Shoto."

He glances up at his older brother who stands slightly behind you, before turning his attention back to you. "I'm...happy you're here.

You give him a little smile. "You have a nice house."

He gives a tiny "Thank you" and the conversation ends at that. You retreat to your step mother's side, occasionally making eye contact with Touya again.

And at the dinner table, things get a little better.

"So," Enji begins, "have you developed your quirk yet, [Name]?"

You nod. "Mhm."

"What does it do? Show me."

Swallowing your bite, you let a web shoot from your wrist, catching onto the wall on the other side of the table. You disconnect it, before using the fork to show how your hands stick to basically everything. Finally, you get up for a second to walk on the wall, before jumping down and catching yourself, strolling back to your seat.

Your father explains your quirks in words, and you see the pro hero's face become less and less tense and more...you can't recal what he looks like, but it seems no one else notices.

Not focused on the conversation in the slightest, your eyes trail across the table from you.

Touya is already staring.

You've never had anyone stare at you like that. You feel your face going ever so pink at the attention.

The boy can't help but stare. He's never seen a girl who looks like you, has a quirk like you, stays quiet- as if waiting for something- before. His intrest is overwhelmingly piqued.

You're almost heavenly.

And by the end of the dinner, he's the one begging for you to come back- not his little brother.

Thinking that somehow, this would be a good distraction from the training, Enji Todoroki complies.