On a Search for Heaven (You'll Find it Someday, Don't Worry)

✮✮✮Now Playing : Moonlight On The River , Mac DeMarco ✮✮✮

✮✮✮
Now Playing : Moonlight On The River , Mac DeMarco
✮✮✮

You end up hanging out with Touya Todoroki on a the weekly. It's a strange thing, but it simply keeps happening.

Shoto won't stop inviting you over, just to be disappointed when his father makes in train instead.

In the end, you don't particularly mind.

Touya's a good listener. He's also a good talker, and it's typically you responding to his comments. In his occasional boredom, he takes it upon himself to train you somehow, despite your very different quirks.

You've already mastered doing "dumb shit", as your dad calls it, meaning hammocks, hanging chairs, changing the channel when the remote is too far away.

Touya says that he'll teach you some tricks to satisfy your father. You agree with nothing better to do.

At one point, you find yourself laying on the grass of their back yard, staring into the afternoon sun.

"That's bad for your eyes." the red haired boy states, taking a seat next to you. You shrug.

"I'm trying to see heaven. If I squint hard enough I might."

He chuckles at you and lays beside you.

"What happens when you die?" You ask, shifting to face the boy beside you.

He shrugs this time. "I don't know. It's like sleeping forever, I guess."

"In that case," you start, "why are people scared of death? Don't people like to sleep? I wouldn't mind sleeping forever."

"Everyone is different." the boy suggests, twirling a particularly long blade of grass beside you. "I hope we both don't find out what it's really like for a very long time."

"Yeah, since you wanna become a hero, huh?"

He nods. "I do. A lot. You?"

"I don't know. I don't really like anything."

"You like Shoto?" he suggest, almost bitterly.

You raise an eyebrow. "Shoto is a someone, not a something. And I like you too, you know."

Turning onto your back once more, you start staring into the sun again. Touya sighs.

"You aren't gonna see it you know."

"How do you know?"

"You can only see it when you die, duh."

"Well then, I could die any second. I wonder what it looks like."

"Hm." the boy thinks. "Maybe...like the clouds."

"Huh?"

"You know when the clouds are all super white, and they cover the whole sky except the sun sometimes?"

"Yeah?" you respond, imagining the big white fluffs of moisture in your mind.

"It's probably like that."

You yawn. "That makes sense."

Touya sighs, getting up with a crack of his back. "C'mon, let's get started. These tricks aren't gonna learn themselves."

"Boo. Five more minutes."

"Nope." he grins slightly, picking you up from
your spot and sitting you down up right.

You sigh, letting Touya go on a tangent about how to impress your dad while you secretly continue to search for heaven in the sky.