Failing Miserabley Exept You Just Don't Care

✮✮✮Now Playing : Duvet , bôa✮✮✮

✮✮✮
Now Playing : Duvet , bôa
✮✮✮

"[Name], what is this?"

"I don't know."

"If you don't know, you should actually look, honey."

You turn around from your spot at the dinning room table, placing your broken crayon on the surface next to your unfinished coloring page. You take a look at the paper in his hand. You squint, and find it's your report card for your first semester of the kindergarten year.

"There's nothing over a C on here. What's going on with that? You're so smart, I don't understand." he sighs, looking at you despairingly.

Shrugging, you turn back toward your half done hello kitty. You feel too sleepy to deal with your father's disappointment- it doesn't exactly bother you anyways.

The fact is you are smart- smarter than the average kid in your grade- you just can't seem to care less, just like you do for everything else.

"Honey, she'll grow out of it. Won't you my love?" your step mother comments, brining out some crackers and nutella for you to snack on. You nod, not exactly listening to her. "We just need to motivate her a bit more. And grades aren't everything! I graduated highschool with a 3.0 gpa and I still turned out fine. I think we just need to be patient and let her grow on her own."

Your father ruffles your hair, leaning on the wooden chair supporting you. "I just want you to be happy. You'll stress your old man to death one day."

Bella lightly smacks him with her hand. "That's not funny. Anyways, dinner out tonight. I don't feel like cooking and I don't trust either of you anywhere near a frying pan just yet."

Humming as a signal that your step mother was heard by you, you rise from your seat and hand the woman your now completed page. She gasps with a wide smile you could sink into and takes the paper gently. "For me?"

You nod.

"You're so precious." she coos. "It's so good, I'm putting it on the fridge!!"

The woman walks over to the junk drawer for a magnent. You watch her as her heels click on the wooden floors. You're oblivious to the fact your eyes fill with admiration and love. You love your mother a lot.

A tiny smile appears on your face as she places the hello kitty beside your other works of art.

She turns to you and picks you up suddenly, cuddling you in her arms. "Oh my sweet baby girl, what'll we do when you grow up?"

"I wish I didn't have to grow up." you mumble, rubbing your tired eyes.

"Well, there's only one way you can do that, and that's a sad way. I'd rather you grow up, so I can watch you get big and strong. How does that sound?"

You yawn. "If it makes you happy."

Smiling at that, she giggles. "Now it's clear to me that it's nap time. You ready to sleep?"

"Mhm."

She sighs as you snuggle into her shoulder. "Oh my sleepy sleepy girl."

"Honey, are you having trouble in your classes?" Bella asks, back on the topic of grades a few days later.

You shrug. You know you aren't, but you don't wanna get in trouble for not trying.

The brunette nods. "That's what I thought. I have a friend from work- her son tutors his classmates sometimes. He'll be happy to help you if you want."

You shrug again. "If you want to mama."

"Mirio's a good boy, I think you'll like him a lot."