Touya Todoroki Gets You (Somehow)

✮✮✮Now playing : Yume Utsutsu , Lamp ✮✮✮

✮✮✮
Now playing : Yume Utsutsu , Lamp
✮✮✮

As soon as you're inside the Todoroki household once again, Shoto is dragged away by his father.

"Next time." the man growls- it's not his intent, but he just kind of always sounds growly. "But he has to train today."

You just kind if stand there in the entrance, confused. The stressed looking Rei Todoroki in the next room over peeks her head past the wall, finding you staring with a deadpan face.

Seeking an oppertunifor her oldest (and frankly favorite) child, she smiles a little.

"Touya's here sweetie." she calls over to you. "You two talked a little during the dinner, I believe. He's a nice boy, he'll play with you."

You didn't necessarily want to "play", but if it kept you from waiting however longs by the door, then so be it.

The woman leads you by your hand towards the child, training in the lawn outdoors. You watch him shoot the fire out of his fists, significantly suprised at how pretty it looks.

"Honey," she calls. "take care of little [Name] here, won't you?"

You frown. You aren't that little, are you?

Touya looks you in your eyes. He nods, rather at you than his mother. Rei walks away with a happy heart.

"Hi."

"Hello."

You hop over to the little step next to where he is. He watches you.

"You like to train?" you ask, not wanting to sit there in silence.

He blinks. "Oh. Yeah I do. You?"

You shrug. "Nothin' to train for."

"Do you not wanna be a hero?" he asks, perplexed at the idea of someone your age and with your quirk not wanting to become a part of the most popular jobs in the worlds.

You shrug again. "Not really. I don't really like to do anything."

"No classes you like?"

"Nope. My teacher says I'm failing everything."

"Wow." he mutters, unsure how to respond properly to that. "How do you fail preschool??"

"I sleep through everything."

"But you seem...smart?"

You giggle, taken aback by the backhanded compliment.

Touya stares at your smile. It's the first time he's seen it. It's the first time you look happy to be somewhere.

"Do you even like my brother?" he asks, pulling himself back down to earth, remind himself that your Shotos friend, meaning you being here is the product of the bane of his existence.

"He's sweet." you play with a little pebble you find beside you. "He don't get me much though."

The boy smiles awkwardy, confused. "How could he not? I get you right now, and you're like two years younger than me. No wait- three."

You stop messing with the tiny rock to look the boy in the eyes. "You do?"

"Yeah, I do."

You don't really understand. No one's ever said that they get you before. You've never felt the need for people to- honestly, you could have gone your whole life without being told those words and you would have been fine- but hearing it kind of...nice.

Even your parent's don't understand you much- they tell you so more than you really ever realized.

Isn't it strange how life works out?

"...Oh" is all you can muster out. Seeing the contemplative look on your face, the boy goes back to his training as your mind wanders.

For a split second, he wonders if maybe you could get him, too.