Prologue

THE YEAR 2011

Azeeza had just stepped out of a white school bus with loud chatting and laughter of young pupils, it was packed just beside her home. she was a pretty girl with an almost adorable smile.       

       She rose her right arm up in the air, waving energetically with a jubilant smile. Right foot on its tip as she did so. No one seemed to respond back.

Even though sad by the ignorance, she gave it another try.

        The bus started to move slowly, as a bleach looking ten year old popped his head out the window, sticking his tongue out at her in pure mockery. She looked at him wryly and stuck hers too.

     She stood there for about three minutes watching the bus go out of sight. When it did, she held the straps on her bag pack firmly, and let out a sigh. She then began to run into the house with a big smile plastered on her face as if she had a lovely day at school, and wanted to share it desperately. She needed her dad not to worry about her hard times at her elementary school.

~~~~~~

At the entrance of the living room, Azeeza heard loud, aggressive quarrelling from inside. Her parents barely fight, she thought. She paused for a bit to listen and had instantly recognize the voices of the three parties. She knew every one of them, and the voice of a particular one made her heart sink into her stomach; it was Abdul Aziz. She could barely bring her self to face him after what he'd done to her, but her curiosity needed to know what he was doing here.

she draged her legs into the living room, where she met her father, Abdul Samad, her senior brother, kazeem, and of course, her cousin, Abdul Aziz.

They were all standing, fuming with rage, not noticing the nine year old looking at them dejectedly.

“...and if you think I'll just let things go, then you most be dreaming. Now leave!” Abdul Samad was at the verge of breaking loose into a hideous monster.

“Uncle, I can't leave, not now. And stop getting upset about that, because what I did... I did nothing wrong” Abdul Aziz said with no tone of guilt.

Abdul Samad felt an ache in those last words, it rang in his head with a disturbing motion. He wanted to violently assault Abdul Aziz, he wanted to rip him apart as he cried for help, he wanted him dead.

“Of course you did nothing wrong” kazeem had almost the same motive as his father.

   “Why are guys taking things so serious, I've sort this out a year ago and y'all heard what she said, I. LOVE. HER. Wallahi I do, I love her”

His anger was trying to escape, his fist was folded for a blow, Veins popped out thumping by the second, he didn't want to hurt him, but he was giving him every reason to.

Kazeem held his father on the shoulder, and nodded to him sideways. He knew his father's wrath was ungodly.

“Dad” he pointed towards the door way.

Azeeza was stood there in mere shock. Kazeem had noticed her before anyone else.

Abdul Samad tries to calm himself. Abdul Aziz at the sight of Azeeza race to embrace her. Anger arises within Abdul Samad. Kazeem stops him.

Overwhelmed by disgust, Azeeza could do not much but sob silently.

     Kazeem steps in, pulling away his sister a bit too violently from the hands of Abdul Aziz. His gaze are sharp, and his light brown irises pierce deeply into his cousin's brownish-black irises.

“Don't ever touch her, you hear me?”

“Kazeem I really don't get into your business, so don't get into MINE!” Abdul Aziz had a serious look.

      That was it, he couldn't hold it any longer. Even if he tried, it was of no use, his fist was already dug in Abdul Aziz's cheek.

“DAD!” Kazeem called.

Abdul Samad sighs and steps aside, while Abdul Aziz was left to nurse his sore cheek. He breathe with a smirk and said,

“I never knew you could punch that hard, how painful that was, if I had–”

“Shut up!” Kazeem yelled unintentionally

“You guys are turning to baboons. Calm down would you?” Abdul Aziz shouted.

‘He talks too much,’ kazeem grunts

“Abdul, so ɗaya zan ƙara faɗa maka, I'll say this one last time, leave!” Abdul Samad voice was too hostile.

Abdul Aziz turn to face Azeeza as their gaze lock, she looked away too quickly. He sighs and dashes out. The room was now quiet with only loud huffing from the two angered males.

          “Daddy?” Azeeza called, her head hung low, staring at the polish tile of the living room. She was trying to convince herself in believing it was true.

“He loves me.”

Hello, it's me (⁠˘⁠・⁠_⁠・⁠˘⁠)

Did you enjoy that???
I did my best, right???
I'm so nervous, it's my first book on wattpad and, I'm not sure how you guys would accept it.

I'm not good with this author's note thing, and I'm still nervous, maybe that's why I can't think of anything reasonable to say, so...
I hope to see you in my first chapter.

~Love♥ funraita.
[Still nervous (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡]