Chapter three

It's already the next day, which means it's Friday. On normal bases, I'll be so excited being it Friday, but I don't feel the joy. I feel suck-ish and it's all because of yesterday.

The more I ponder on what I did yesterday, the more embarrassed I feel for myself. I could have just left the guy alone, I shouldn't have acted like an obsessive freak.

Now, all I want to do is to just crawl under a rock and never come out.

I know he didn't want to befriend me at that moment, and I know I was being desperate, but what he'd done to me afterwards was devilish. My plan was to lay low and get on with the assessment little by little, but he ruined that. And on top of that, the teachers think he's a very ‘considerate’ person for what he's doing to me.

I think I've made my first enemy.

As I walk in the class, I feel weighted down by the amount of stares I'm receiving. I ignore them, and so as my routine of going around to say ‘hi’ and make a few chatters.

I slowly take my seat, carefully trying to avoid eye contact with the person behind me.

I sigh, bringing out my history textbook and a note book with the printed out of the history classes I've missed clapped inside it.

“I have five minutes before the first teacher comes in, I can finish this before he gets here.” I say to myself as I begin to write.

Like a rolling ball, time moved so swiftly it made me glad. Lunch time was the most valuable of all the school periods, but sadly it ends so quickly on Fridays.

Everyone is out of the classroom but a few of us girls, and that dude who's sitting on his seat with his head laid on his desk.

I feel bad for him that he has no friends ~haha, just kidding.

We made a semi-circle at the left side of the class room. We eat as they talk about...well, what girls talk about. I am in no mood to join their conversation.

“I don't too like the girls in SS3, they're a bit bossy” Amra says as the rest hummed in agreement, but I didn't. Deborah who has been looking at me for the past two minutes, says looking straight into my eyes.

“Hannan isn't talking oo”

She expects me to say a word but I only give her a weak smile.

“Hannan, are you still upset about Khalil?” my most observant friend, Sameera, ask.

“yeah, are you angry? You're not your self today” Khadija says.

“He really did you bad, just because you tried to talk to him. Tah! I don't like him.” Amra says with a scrunched up look.

“Khalil no be better pesin” Maryam says.

I try to look very confused “Khalil!? Who the heck is that?”

Their real confusion master up my charade.

“That guy over there...” Amra helps point to Khalil for Sameera who is speaking. “...the guy who's been rude to you, that one who... ur... pushed you.” she ducks her head a little, whilst squinting her eyes.

I won't hit you because of that.

I chuckle. “Khalil!? So that's his name?... who could have ever guessed~hehe. It's a nice name though ~heheh. Don't worry, I'm not angry~teehee... All that's gone, right?~hehehe. Let's go cheer for the boys playing ball at the field... hehe, when we're done eating~teehee.” I keep giggle as if I am being tickled by an invisible person.