Chapter seven

Azeeza is standing by the corner of the class, her face is all wet with tears, and her lips are curled downwards but she's trying so hard to put them normal.

“Don't worry hannan, we'll find it.” a classmate, Habib, offered in an attempt to console her.

She has gotten the class so worried that they had been drawn into the drama, abandoning their tasks to attend to her. Apparently, the files she was bragging about earlier was incomplete, the most crucial piece was not inside her envelope. Now, the whole class are going on about finding it, they're buzzing with efforts to locate the missing item while I watch.

She has five minutes until the meeting begins, which is same as five minutes to prove she is still a ‘responsible’ and ‘trustworthy’ person.

There came an aggressive murmur, it sound so intense I thought the ground was trembling. Mr Matthew walks in with a pissed look, he looks around and when he spots Azeeza, he grabs her arm pulling her out of the corner. From the look on her face, his hight is intimidating, not to talk of his bulging muscles. His imposing figure casting a shadow over the distraught Azeeza.

“Have you found it yet?“ She shakes her head, he growls “why?! I knew I could trust you that's why I gave it to you, do you want me fired?“

“I don't know where else to search, I've looked everywhere but I–” a slap is sent straight for her cheek, he pushes her and she falls to the ground. Everyone is shocked by this and I can see their jaws drop.

“you must find that spiralbound notebook where ever it is.” no one is helping her, they all are afraid obviously.

Amidst the chaos, a realization struck me. A memory from earlier in the day resurfaced, a fleeting glimpse.

A spiral… it could be what I saw this morning

Of course! That's what felt like a missing piece of my day, my intervening into matters I'm not accounted in.

I run to the window that views the unused walkway at the back of the class, that's where I saw it. As I see it, I jump out and I hear my name being yelled out for… who jumps out the window from the first floor.

I land on my feet, but then again it felt like my waist would break, the class on the ground floor all pause to see who the hell fell from the class above.

C'mon It's not that high!

I grab it and run around the building to get to the stairs that lead up, I begin jumping them two at a time, and in no time I arrive.

The faces of everyone is filled with bewilderment, the astonishment on their faces was palpable. I fling the spiralbound and it slides all the way to Matthews foot. “Pick it up and go for your stupid meeting” I say as I see his brows fold into a frawn.

“What was that boy!” He grabs me by the collar, giving me murdering looks.

“Hitting a student unnecessarily is an offense, and so is grabbing a student by the collar.” I pull out of his grip.

He looks at his watch and groans in anger, he bumps my shoulder before leaving. “I'll deal with you when I'm done.”

“And I'll be waiting.”

“Wooooooo!” I hear the whorl of praises the class shriek. I am unfazed by such act, but what cought my attention was the buffoon standing in front of me. I eye her and try to walk pass her, but she inch closer.

“You put your stuck-up attitude to use,” a smile is plastered on her ugly mug, her light brown irises filled with a mix of gratitude and confusion. “Thank you.” She adds with a smile wider and uglier than before.

I push her aside and hurriedly went to my seat, her face is enough to make me throw up my breakfast.

~~~

“What were you thinking?!”

I slowly put my textbook into my bag pack, I don't want to hear it...

“you could have hurt yourself! You got yourself in trouble with one of the disciplinary committee, and you know it's like getting in trouble with every one of them.” ...her lectures.

This girl is the only one who can rant nonsense in my ears and go scot-free, she really is lucky.

“Fatima, don't butt into my business cause I don't butt into yours. Who do you think you are, my mother?” I stand face to face with Fatima and I see my reflection in her round lens glasses, I really have softened. “You're nothing but my neighbour, so don't cross the line.” I strut out, ignoring her calls.

If you put a gun to my head, threatening to kill me just so I could tell you why I helped Azeeza, then I might as well be shot dead.

Ever since Idris pronounced this school as the very school I'll base, I felt it was a big obstruction. Two weeks in this school was a bit beyond my expectations, the shitty looks I give the students here is just enough to tell them that I ain't the kinda guy to be messed around with, I love how they comply and stay away... Far, far, away.

My thought was ‘this school is a keeper’ cause all the other schools I've been to, all ruined that peace and tranquility a man wants. I am enjoying a bit of this school, although, almost every good thing comes with a 'but' and this 'but' is none other than Azeeza.

You see, this girl here is a very annoying and stupid little brat who thinks she can make friends with every single soul in school. What does she think this is? My little pony?!

You might have known her through my last few pages as the whimp who's always in my business, which she is. But now, (Note the enthusiasm) now, there are two damn boys tailing me like I'm their alpha. I get how I'm that guy you want to be, that awesome, handsome, young, adoring, humane, confident, fervent, passiona… wait what was I saying? Ah! Got it.

That prudent leader you want to be, but can't. But for crying out loud, I never said I wanted to make friends. Hakeem is the only friend I can allow in my little circle, not some random boys named Arshy and shushitt; more like Trashy and Bullshit—hah! Cheesy? No.

I need to get this guys as far away from me as possible, which in terms means impossible. One, is how persistent they are than Azeeza. Two, is the crime I committed, the greatest mistake I could've avoided; ME HELPING AZEEZA!

I deeply regret my actions from the bottomless pit of my empty heart. I was okay with being the bad guy, the villain who everyone hates but couldn't dare near, but no, I had to be stupid. Now, I am the HERO.

Disgusting, the sound of it makes me nauseous.

Everyone now thinks I was faking the whole 'alone' thing. Some even said I 'repented' from being a sinner to a saint… like? what's wrong with this little Nigerians. Anyways, it's impossible to convince them and leaving this school is also that word, so I'm stuck.

I really, I'm not enjoying telling you my POV, so, long-story-short, it's already a month and the next thing I'll say is in the next chapter.

Signed, your supposed antagonist, Ibrahim Idris.

Hello again (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠),

You good?

You great?

You liked it?

Yeah you do.(⁠ᵔ⁠ᴥ⁠ᵔ⁠)

Another chapter of the not-so rude Khalil.

I don't think I could get the whole rude thing. Well, maybe cause I'm like the nicest person I know.

So yeah, making a character rude is real hard work.

Which is why, I'd like you guy to grant the three wishes below;
Vote. Comment. Share.

Thank you mis amores(⁠ʃ⁠ƪ⁠^⁠3⁠^⁠)

~love from your writer ♥ funraita