Chapter two

Two minutes of silence

I really don't know how he's doing this but I've reach my limit. Two whole minutes without a word from me is a new record.

   I've tried every single idea my brain throws at me, but nothing.

   I even tried taking away his little pencil, but he began shading what he was drawing on his desk with his finger.

“Would it kill you to respond me!” I say out of frustration.

“.    .    .    .    .    . ” nothing.

I breathe a little and go with the dumbest idea ever, this will hurt my pride.

I pull his right ear and begin to whisper in his ear, with determination in my voice.

I'm not acting my self today.

“you can't keep ignoring me, I'm more annoying than you think... I'm always here, and you can't help but be my friend– you most be.” I whisper

I know it sounds creepy but I'm obsessed with making friends. If I lose one, it's like I lose ten, so I ain't giving this one up.

I catch him grimace, he grabs both my hands, I could now see his face clearly. It's a diamond shaped face that holds his almost perfectly shaped brows (I'd kill for those brows to be mine) and his small kitty eyes with glinting umber irises, his gaze are unfriendly. I move my eyes to his nose, it's pointed but not too obvious. Lower I go to his lips that owns a frown, there's an unnoticeable shade of mustache above his lips. All in all, his handsome and light skinned.

I see his lips move, he is about to speak.

Finallyyyy!

“leave bitch.” His tone is bass and harsh.

Before I could continue with my description of him, I find myself being pushed to the ground. He growls for a second, then pulls out a new sheet of paper from his bag.

“Uhg!” I scream through gritted teeth, picking myself up and dusting my skirt.

I can hear the murmurs of the whole class, they think they're being as quiet as they can, well it's not working.

I know I got a bit carried away with the whole ‘be my friend’ thing, but pushing a girl is just outrageous.

I open my mouth to begin my rebellion, that's when I heard...

“Hannan Abdul Samad, take your seat and leave the new student alone. For crying out loud, you just resumed.” Mr Ade, our class teacher says. Of course, he also knows about my obsession for making friends.

“sir! He pushed me and–”

I am interrupted by his clown voice.

“you did something to provoke him, didn't you?... Khalil isn't like that. Go sit.” Mr Ade says taking his seat.

He's siding with him!? Unbelievable!

“But...” I'm having a lump in my throat.

“Khalil, apologize.” Says Mr Ade.

he didn't lift his head up to look at neither of us, he only wave contemptuously which got me frustrated and annoyed. I take my seat right in front of the imbecile. Tears are gathering in my eyes, I lay my head on the desk to stop anyone from seeing them.

‘I can't believe this, what a disappointing guy, who does he think he is? The teacher's pet? Obviously...Who am I kidding, he's handsome and talented, of course he'll act like a punk, they always do.” I murmur to myself.