Chapter one

THE YEAR 2018

It is a blissful Thursday morning, the feeling of this day is incomparable to the others, the cool breeze that's blowing is the kind that'll make you want to soak in bed forever, it is the perfect day for a good snooze ~as expected of January. I happen to be loving my sleep but of course, Thursdays aren't weekends–school exist.

I groan a thousand times before finally getting my school uniform out of my closet. As for the original uniform, it's a bit too plain. A not-so-ordinary Nigerian uniform that screams ‘our looks are as good as our excellence’, it's a maya blue short sleeve button up with a stripped bow collar containing the three colours of the uniform, an anchor coloured blazer with flap pockets that's an inch or so below the waist and the deep blue knife pleat skirt that's ridiculously short (I have to wear a thick black pantyhose because of the length) and for the Muslim girls, we have to wear a deep blue turban or cap.

And mine is... How would you picture the most girly image of the uniform?

Awesome right?!

I love how the three colours on the uniform compliment my brown skin and how I look so cute while wearing it, but the shirt barely fits anymore. I think my boobs got bigger over the holidays…~just say'n.

   Anyways, the secondary school I go to had resumed two weeks ago from the holiday, while I on the other hand, have been sweeping through the internet in my pyjamas...To be honest, I really don't want to go back to school just yet, but I have to. First, is my over persistent mother who doesn't want me to breathe. And then, the somewhat director that keeps calling my mom to remind me of school. Finally, is the piles of homework and notes waiting for me.

I stand in front of the mighty ash coloured gates of our school, it's so tall I feel so tiny by it. I begin to contemplate on whether to go in or not.

Soon enough, I find myself going in before I make my decision... I'm guessing it is the salivating dog that was growling at me just now.

I walk through the junior classes a bit breathless to get to mine, I try as much not to make it obvious and amble as sly-ish as I can. Azeeza can never be cought breaking a sweat.

Now, let's start the school year.

As I step foot in the room with a big label that says SS2 on the door, I am welcome with loud buzzing of my classmates' ‘where have you been’ questions.

It is obvious by now that they know where I've been, but I guess they just love having me say a word to them... Who wouldn't.

I don't take my sit just yet. I chat with most... Who am I kidding, all of my classmates and I learn a thing or two about the new schedule for the school.

One funny and unbelievable thing is that my classmates hated my guts the first time I got into this school. I acted a bit jerk-ish. But it's all good now, they love me more than I love myself. Everyone wants to be my friend and everything one is, literally the whole school... heh.

Although, there is this guy who's been sitting alone with his head drowning in the white paper that spreads on his desk. I feel he is new cause I don't know him.

Even though his pitch black hair is what I am mostly viewing, I can tell he is an attractive guy.

He hadn't move. Since I first spotted him, he hadn't move. I poke his head to get his attention but he does nothing. His cologne scents so nicely I feel my nose sniffing for more. Pervert.

“ehm... Hi newbie, I'm Hannan Azeeza Abdul Samad– but you can't call me Azeeza. I'll be here if you ever need me. What's your name?” I say politely. I'm being as friendly as I always am.

He says nothing, he only shifts a little making his collar close his butterscotch coloured skinned neck.

Was I not heard?

“I'm Hannan Abdul Samad, known and loved by all.” I wait for the silence between us to collapse but it didn't.

For real?

I feel so stupid now. I peep a little at his other side to see if his ear had any thing like an earpiece in it but it didn't.

I watch him closely, seeing the movements of his pencil swirl across the white paper on his desk. He is drawing.

“Don't you know it's rude to ignore a friend?” I assert, but nothing.

What is he drawing that gets his attention so into it and not on me. I mean, I'm someone you can't resist.

looking at my pretty face won't hurt, will it?

I gently slide the paper off his desk with the hope he would face me. He pauses for a second then slowly arranges his self, still not attempting to look at anywhere but his desk. I can now see half of his face and I wasn't wrong, he is handsome.

He twirls his pencil and starts drawing on his desk.

Intentionally!

I have met people like him, and I know he's trying to piss me off, sadly it won't work.

I hear a light tap on my shoulder, I turn to sight the round lens glasses of Fatima, beautifully framing me inside.

“He doesn't like people disturbing him, leave him alone.” she had a cold look on her face.

‘you Fatima, who refused my hearty friendship’ was my own look for her.

“Chill girls!” Anas, who is sitting across from us butts in, “those looks could kill y'all.” his lips tugs to smile gingerly at us, he wants us to fight.

I raise both my hands in mock surrender. “she wins,” I say with a sly smile. I turn back to the silent guy to try my luck again.

“He'll ignore you until you give up and leave” it came from the other end of the class, the voice belongs to Habib.

I know but...

“He can't do it for long.”

I know my face looks so determined, and I am. I am curious of what his voice would be like… I'm sounding like a creep now, ain't I?

“I'm off to call the teacher, Hannan don't make a fuss.” says the class president as he walks out.

“Of course” I say.

I'm only itching to know, what's he like.

Hello again (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.

I'm less nervous now, although my palms are completely sweaty ~not true.
First chapter is now done and dusted ~phew. *Wipes off sweat* 
I'd like to know what you think, the comment section is as empty as a vampire's coffin*cries out*
Please do vote, comment, recommend to your friends and enjoy my work of art. *Sparkle*

I hope to see you in my next chapter.

~Love♥ funtaita (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)