Start-Up

For as long as I could remember I have always been a stain upon my family. My family hated me for some reason. I couldn't understand why I was after all just a newborn, what reason would any person have to hate a newborn monetary concerns possibly or maybe it was just plain old hatred. I didn't know how to cope with such hatred at a young age. 

My mother, my father, and my grandmother all hated me. I never understood why it truly is a predicament to my mind as to why a group of three adults would hate just a child. I don't know how to grasp it but that was my family. My mother, my father, my grandmother, and my sister, Marie. 

Marie was a kind soul. She cared so much for everyone around yet even with all that care my parents still hated her but no reason my grandmother offered no relief either she was stern and stoic I had no way of understanding what simple thoughts were going through that old woman's mind. I had been left alone in this world for so long, so terribly long, with only one person to soothe my suffering, the only person to soothe that was the only person who had dealt with it longer than I had. My sister Marie was my only source of happiness. 

However, as time passed I became older. Nearly two years later I remember seeing those terrible things. They were tall and horrific; they were monstrous and scary to a child's mind. Not even in the greatest of nightmares would they have seen such terrible things yet I saw such things daily.

I kept living with such terrible sights day after day after day. Eventually, I saw a man. The man was tall, he had black hair that reached to his ears and eyebrows, small Bejeweled green eyes, and a scar near his lips. The man wore a tight-fitting shirt and baggy pants along the black belt weaved through the waist and martial arts slippers. 

I didn't know the name of the man but he was strange. Everyone else around me considered him to be a ghost not but, an apparition. I didn't know who he was but he was amazing. I saw the man walk silently through the world not even being noticed by a soul. This unnoticed Invisible Man however did something that I didn't even know one could do. He harmed the spirits, those terrible vile things. 

It was Majestic, to say the least, a man who was so much older so much wiser killing off these creatures that had terrified me in recent life the man soon turned to look at me as I stared at him my eyes filled with childish joy and wonder as I looked at the man who had slain the spirits before me. I didn't know who he was at the time at least I didn't but he was Majestic soaring through the air with Grace as a single slash was all he needed to take out the spirits before me the spirits weren't harming anyone they were just ugly and that was all the man needed to kill them.

I wasn't afraid of the man, not in the slightest. I saw him again and again. I don't know why he was in my city but it didn't matter to me. I was in Sendai I think, I don't remember the specific location. But it was where I lived. 

My grandmother was an old and fowl hag, she never noticed the man. The man didn't attack anyone, he just walked around as if he was trying to get somewhere. I would see him occasionally most of the time he didn't harm anyone of the spirits even if he didn't harm them it was still comforting to see the man.

The most comforting time I remember seeing that man as on the night of December 17th I don't remember much of that night I probably don't remember any bit of that night. Not a single piece of it is in my mind any longer however if you asked me when I was younger I definitely would have remembered it. It had been a brutal night when I was Seven. 

My mother and father both had been terrible that night, both had drank much more than their fair share and my grandmother did not try anything to stop it. I had no idea what was going on until I saw them hurt my sister, the peaceful and kind person Marie was, that was all being torn away from her because they were the problem. 

However, just before they could turn their attention to me, I saw something. I saw the man as he broke through the door and with three simple slashes cut down my mother, my father, and my grandmother I cradled my sister's body she lay in my arms limp and lifeless. The man walked closer to offer his condolences to me, not something that I would have expected from a man who was so devoid of empathy after murdering those spirits.

As the man offered his condolences I saw something I didn't think I'd see in such a man. I saw a glimmer of kindness. The man was so polite he was cool-headed and confident but regardless he was polite to me for some reason. I was so confused, confused is the correct word to state as I had no idea what was going on. 

I told the man of the spirits I saw and how I saw the man slay one but a month or two ago as the man stared at me and was surprised he asked my age and I responded " I'm seven sir". The man opened his eyes and was shocked as he asked if I had any strange abilities. The man referred to them as cursed techniques. I didn't know what a cursed technique was but it sounded cool. The man sighed a bit angry. No Angry is not the right word. The correct word would be peeved as the man Lifted Me by the Scruff of my neck and dragged me away from the four lifeless bodies that surrounded me. 

As the man slowly brought me elsewhere to a place that I would visit again and again long after the man's death a large casino filled with boats and water. A race track built specifically for those who wished to gamble their lives away which is exactly what that man did throughout all of his life until the very end.