Gathering of Energy

"What's your name brat? '' the man asked me if he still held me by the Scruff of the neck as if I was a misbehaving cat. I looked up at the man before I quietly spoke "Karu Chikage'' the man then lifted me closer to his face before speaking " From now on Karu you'll be learning from me" I quickly nodded and accepted this new fate of being this man's student for the rest of my life after all when you're a child and someone has just brutally murdered your entire family in front of you it's a bit difficult to deny anything they ask.

I stayed silent throughout most of the ordeal as the man carried me somewhere I don't know where he was carrying me to but he was carrying me to somewhere. From inside the man however, I felt a strange presence the presence was similar to all of those creatures that the man had slaughtered months ago as soon as I spoke "Are one of those creatures inside of you Mr." 

The man suddenly widened his eyes as if perplexed he looked at me confused he then responded and rather stern yet frightening tone. " how did you know there was a curse there." he asked as if it was difficult to determine that, well I guess if I was farther away it definitely would have been. "It just felt off and the only energy around me that's different from mine is yours right?" I said I was confused. I never knew of the existence of curses but that's what Toji referred to whatever was inside of him as... I guess that means a curse is the same thing as those spirit things. 

Toji suddenly put one of his hands in front of his mouth as Toji suddenly forced himself to throw up a small fleshy ball in his hand which earned a side eye from me, the ball soon expanding slightly. The small ball soon fully expanded into a worm-like creature that quickly crawled onto Toji's body around his chest and laid its head against Toji's left shoulder. As Toji stood still silently while looking at me before he spoke "Lemme guess you have absolutely no knowledge of cursed energy or curses?"

He asked me as I nodded silently Toji quickly sighed to himself as his curse suddenly opened its mouth and released a small red book with the title of "Cursed Energy Control and Growth" as Toji handed me the book before speaking. "Listen I don't know how to control cursed energy at all so read this book to properly understand it." 

I nod as I follow Toji he walks quietly and I try to focus on where Toji is walking as soon I follow Toji into a large building this building is a large stadium with people on boats with numbers and colors on each boat. As Toji sat down somewhere I followed Toji and sat down next to him as I opened the book and started reading the worm still wrapped around Toji.

As I read the book Toji walked away for a short while before quickly returning a small paper in his hands. I silently read the book turning pages occasionally, this book mentioned a variety of things such as Channeling, Gathering, Domains, and Techniques. So many strange and different things as I read the book I decided to focus on the most simple concept of the book which was Gathering.

As I read the book it stated that gathering was the collection of nearby cursed energy usually used by sorcerers to increase their cursed energy amount at a young age. Most sorcerers continued until they collected their maximum amount it was interesting as I quickly absorbed the info like a sponge. The book also stated that sorcerers, new to the gathering technique, should start to enter an area with a large amount of cursed energy and then, sit down so the body can adapt to it and quickly absorb any nearby remaining cursed energy. As I sat here feeling and seeing a lot of cursed energy it would make sense this was a place of gambling those who lost the gambles or lost the races probably had their negative emotions brought here.

As I silently sat there and closed my eyes for a moment I saw something that terrified me I saw 3 creatures one a dragon with two heads, the second a human covered in flesh, bone, and blood not a trace of skin or hair, and lastly something that wasn't human it wasn't even a monster it was just everything that's what I saw in the 3rd monster it was everything, everywhere, all at once(You see what I did there). As I panicked, my eyes opened up in a frenzy. 

The worm creature that wrapped around Toji suddenly on my lap coiled up like a cone as it silently rested. I sat there breathing heavily as I reached out and patted the worm's head. It was weirdly cute from the right angle as I felt strange, my body silently taking in all the cursed energy it could get around me. The cursed spirit in front of me is the only exception. As a blue plasma-like substance flew towards me the cursed energy from my surroundings soon being absorbed into my body again and again. 

My body soon filled with Cursed Energy yet soon I coughed violently blood leaking from my mouth for a moment. The amount of cursed energy I was absorbing in such a small amount of time was probably not good for my health. As Toji turned to look at me. He had 5 different torn-up papers on the floor as he stared at me for a moment before turning back to his gambling.

I felt my throat for a moment though it felt strange as without even trying to control my cursed energy my brain felt strange as if a schematic of my entire body was transferred into my mind. Damage and straining to the throat as I moved my hand to grab my neck. It was strange, as I blinked the image of the creature from my mind the one covered in flesh, blood, and bone flashed in my mind.

Suddenly within a moment, I felt something strange happening a wire of sinew and flesh grew in between the bleeding wound in my neck as the sinew and flesh slowly melted and molded into a new shape, the shape of my throat that had just been torn. Some of the cursed energy in my body burned away as my body regenerated itself I wiped the blood from my face as I kept sitting there as I soon closed my eyes.

The blue plasma energy slowly moved towards me as I absorbed the cursed energy around me. The cursed energy in the casino was soon starting to be pulled towards my body from a large radius around me. The cursed energy in my body quickly started getting more and more compact like forcing foam into a smaller shape, as I felt it enter and compact itself in my body, the spirit on my lap soon woke up as I saw the spirit bite its tail. The spirit then started eating further up its body until it began to shrink into a small marble-like ball, Toji quickly grabbed the marble-sized spirit and just swallowed it whole... WTF

I sat there stopping my gathering of cursed energy out of sheer confusion as Toji turned to look at me as if he was confused. "What did I do Something?" he asked as if it's an everyday occurrence for someone to grab a cursed spirit and eat it. As I just stared at him I was shocked after all, a 7-year-old usually doesn't see this kind of stuff. Toji ripped the paper in his hands up once more as people started to leave the gambling area the boat racers did. "I thought you'd learn something from the book but you just fell asleep." 

He said as I stared at him, confused. The guy in front of me had no cursed energy but he could see spirits. The book stated that only those above a certain level of cursed energy could see them and from what my eyes could see this guy had no cursed energy. As Toji stood up and spoke, "Hey kid follow me we're gonna go do something." I nodded as I also stood up and followed Toji.

////////////////////////////////

A/N: Hello author here to answer a few questions people might have about this chapter.

1. Why did Toji help Karu? What reason does he have for that?

Well that's a good question for an imaginary person. The reason is because in my mind Toji is probably a good judge of talent. After all, he has amazing talent himself. So my belief is Toji just saw the kid and thought that the kid would have an amazing talent so he would be useful for Toji at some point

2. How old is Karu currently?

About 8 years old at the start of the story so he's starting later than the rest

3. How many chapters will there be before we reach the hidden inventory Arc?

About 3-5 chapters give or take I'm trying to minimize the amount of chapters required so I can reach a certain fight that I really wanna write.

////////////////////////////////

Well thats enough questions for now toodles.