Chapter Ten - Angel POV

"What time is it?" I yawned and squinted my eyes open. My head was resting in Husk's lap as he was reading a novel above me. "It's about 7:30." He said checking his watch. "7:30??" My eyes widened and I quickly sat up out of his lap. "DIO MIO. Why didn't you wake me?? I can barely get ready in two hours!" I slouched and held my hands over my face. "You were exhausted. I wanted you to rest. Lay back down." Husk whispered. I relaxed my body, rested my head in his lap again and looked up at him, "I don't have TIME for this Husk! I gotta work!" I groaned. "In case you forgot, you work for me now, and I don't want you going down there when you're this tired. Now calm down nothings gonna happen." He sighed as he placed his reading glasses on the coffee table. "You're really gonna let me skip another night of work?" I asked, this whole thing was still new to me, I wasn't used to this much time off, or any time for that matter. Husk shut his eyes and nodded slowly, then placed his paw on my cheek. "You heard me, now just try to relax." He said with a soft smile as he spread one of his wings and laid it over me. I rolled onto my side towards him and dug my face into his chest.

"You OWN my soul Husk, you can make me do anything, so why are you giving me many breaks?" I asked, it was half muffled from Husks's fur. "Well maybe... I just wanna spend time with you." He muttered and pecked me on the cheek. I felt my face fade into a bright red colour. "I-uhh... is it hot in here? Are you hot?" I mumbled looking back up at him. "Mmmm no?" He said raising an eyebrow and started to look down at his phone. "I'm gonna order room service what do you want Angel?" He asked. "I don't eat at this time of day." I shrugged and relaxed my eyes. "What are you taking about? Husk put down his phone, "You haven't eaten since this morning." He frowned. "And, I ate a tonne this morning!" I chimed. "You know what, fine. I'm not gonna force you to eat anything, but tomorrow PLEASE eat a bit more. Even if it's two bites. " He sighed. "Yeah yeah, you got it Whiskers. You don't need to worry about me!" I winked, he just looked away with a sad, worried expression.

"Hey..." I whispered. I held my hand up to his cheek and looked up into his eyes. "I'm sorry, don't be worried Kitty Cat, I'll eat more tomorrow." He gave me a relieved smile and sunk into the couch. I sat up and shuffled over so I was sitting in his lap and rested my head onto his shoulder. "I need a drink." I groaned. "Here finished this." Husk had a half-empty bottle of vodka leaning against him. "This will do." I poured the booze down my throat in seconds and threw the bottle over my shoulder. "Do you have anything stronger?" I asked with a smirk. "Not up here but probably some at the bar , you don't need anymore to drink anyways." He laughed and rolled his eyes. "Whattt?? Please Husky!" I whined and rolled over almost falling off the couch. He caught me before I could fall and stood up with me cradled in his arms. "Alright Angel, you need to go back to bed." He sighed and started walking down the hallway to the bedrooms. "I'm not a CHILD." I pouted and folded arms. Husk opened the door to his room and carefully put me down on the bed. "Now stay put sweetheart you need more rest." Husk held his paw against my face, kissed me gently on the lips and walked out of the room. I turned onto my side and saw Fat Nuggets squeal as he saw me. He curled up near my chest and fell asleep almost as soon as I started stroking him. "Sweep, sweep, sweep."

"What the fuck was that!?" I sat up quickly and looked around the room. By the wardrobe I saw the silhouette of a small girl holding a broom, it seemed so familiar, like someone I knew. I crawled across the bed and reached for the lamp on the bedside table. "NIFTY??" I screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?" She turned to look at me and smiled widely. "I was just finishing cleaning up this room! It's so ICKY in here! Thanks for turning the light on its hard to clean in the dark." She giggled and continued to sweep. "Fucking heaven, I need more booze." I mumbled under my breath. "You wanna drink too?" Nifty jumped onto the bed. "Wanna sneak into the bar with me?" She gave me a devious grin. "UH, HELL YEAH WHAT SORTA QUESTION IS THAT?" I yelled and jumped off the bed. "Follow me!" She squealed while grabbing my arm and dragging me to the door. "Niff we gotta be really quiet." I whispered. "Yeah yeah. The faster the better!" She started running down the hall straight into Husk's office and to the stairs next to the elevator. "FUCK NIFTY HE PROBABLY HEARD US!" I said as she continued to pull me down the stairs. "I do this all the time." She rolled her one eye. "He's too busy moping about all the work he has to do to even notice!" She chimed and quickly stopped. "Ok floor six, this is where all the GOOD stuff is HEHEHEHE!" Nifty quietly opened the doors and crawled along the floor quietly with me following behind her. I noticed as we made our way behind the bar there was a small opening just big enough for us to squeeze through. "Here we are! This is where I hide my stash!" She giggled and shuffled through Little shelves. It was a room just tall enough for me to stand with my head touching the roof, not that I was short with my boots on. It was filled with all different types of alcoholic drinks. "Woah Nifty! How did you get all of this?" My eyes widened. "Who cares?!" She threw me a bottle of Satan knows what and a shot glass. I didn't hesitate, I took shot after shot after shot, Nifty doing the same. She got a lot more drunk than me much quicker, after about three bottles of whatever she was drinking she ran out of the room laughing like a fucking maniac. "I'M READY TO PUNISH SOME BAD BOYS!"