Chapter 6

“Hubby, Mrs Lorenzo is pitiful right? I want to help her to find their granddaughter but I don't know how?” Lyn said while at Axiel. They are going home after work. Lyn is uneasy after their meeting this morning. Axiel notices the change in his wife's mood and finally, she opens up about it now.

“You can help them by being by their side. I know you notice this morning that aunt Felisa is comfortable with you. You can be her comfort while they are finding their granddaughter. No need to be in the field to find, I will join them but please consider our baby in your tummy wife. Don't make me worried okay?” he plead and was willing to kneel if he need to. He is willing to lower his pride for them, to protect them. Others may not like the idea because their ego is been stepped but he didn't care. 

          When they are in his position, they can feel what he feels. Afraid of what would happen in the next seconds, hours, days, months, or even years. Yeah, he is paranoid but it is their first child. The first result of their love for each other and will become one of the witnesses in this love they have. 

“Okay, fine hubby. Calm your sense down. I will do what you all said just calm down. You think too much, you know that? I know your point and I will take care of myself and our baby. Smile hubby, please.” Lyn surrender. It's nothing to be hard-headed in this situation. She hugs him tightly and leans on his chest. Yeah, she is sitting on his lap now while he is driving. That's what she wants and Axiel let her. He smiles at her as an assurance that he understands. Just a few minutes, Lyn fall asleep in that position. 

“I don't want you to be in danger wife. I'm willing to sacrifice my life to protect you and our angel. I don't know what to do if you're not with me again. I'm willing to be your slave but please don't leave me. I love you, wife,” he murmurs while his free hand caresses her hair. 

*************

“Sir we have a lead about the kidnapper. We caught her but she is dead now. Someone kill her in the hospital where they are admitted. But before that, the girl said that she came here with a baby and leave it in a house. I receive a text before she died, it is an address of a condo unit here in Manila and also the number. Are we going to go to that address Sir?” the investigator said. His group fail to get the exact information before she died. Her ward is strictly guarded but the killer disguises herself as a nurse so that he gets inside the ward. 

            The mastermind, in this case, is not yet known but no one can hide for a long time because the truth will come out no matter what. They say that land has ears and news have wings. It is a quote from a gossiper. 

“Go and searched. I want to see my granddaughter as soon as possible. My wife wants to her as well. Double your men to find her, I will pay the cost just to find her. Leave now and I want good news next time.” Ezekiel's voice is full of authority. It's been years of finding her but it goes nothing. He is stressed from work and now he will think of an excuse for his wife to cover such failures again. Felisa keeps asking him about the investigation and if it has progressed. 

           Felisa is now old as him and he didn't want to see her sad every time he says nothing about the investigation. that sadness in her eyes gave him guilt but he can do nothing about it. His phone rings making him back to sense before glancing at the caller, no other than his lovely wife.

“Hi Love, are you busy?” she directly asks with a faint voice. It seems that she misses her daughter again. These past few days, she is quiet and hard to talk with. Always dashed like she is thinking about something very deep. You can see on her face the bereavement of her child who passed away. 

“No, I'm not Love. What's the problem? Your voice seems to say yes. Are you okay Love? Did something happen in the house while I'm here?” he asks questions out of concern. Being nervous because he is not there so he didn't know. These past few days, he can say that his wife has a problem but she can't say it to him.