Chapter 7

“Of course, I know my parents' love story and all I can say is ‘Sana all’. My mom Mary meets dad Mateo at a wedding she attends. Mom is already graduated as a teacher at that time and filing to work abroad after her two years of work experience here. Mom didn't plan to have a boyfriend at that time because she is busy managing her dead parents' business while she is working as a teacher but Dad pursue her until she gave in. They become a couple when my mom is already in Canada to work. 

They continue communicating with each other by letter because the mobile phones we have today weren't available at that time and it is only the way for them to talk. Being in a long-distance relationship wasn't easy, especially in their time but it works. Mom takes a month's vacation every year to come and check their business here and also to meet my Dad. 

And finally, after a long sacrifice, my mom decided to go home and work here. Dad takes the opportunity to ask her for marriage but Mom rejects him in Dad's first proposal because of being unprepared. It may hurt Dad but he still hopes that Mom will say yes next time. Dad is by her side in the ups and downs of Mom's life until Mom asks him to marry her because she realizes that Dad is the perfect man for her. 

Dad didn't believe Mom at first but after a long explanation that Mom recite, he say yes. It's funny but it's worth it. Dad supposes to be the one who asks for marriage but Mom does that the second time the proposal. Their friends laugh when they hear what moms do but they accept it afterward. Just after two years of marriage, they have me, their only daughter, and now becoming a mother as well.” Lyn states a love story. 

                    It may be one of those love stories in novels but it happened to her parents. Felisa was amazed by the story which leads her to be excited about meeting her mother. What a good example of a brave woman. Losing her parents didn't stop her world but it made her braver and smarter to live in this world full of trials. 

“Your parents have an amazing love story dear. Your mom is brave to live on her own and succeed. And because of that, I can't wait to see her. If I can pull the days to come so fast, I will do it now.” Felisa laughs at her joke at the last of her statement. Lyn laugh too and gave her a sweet smile. Now, Lyn can tell that tenders are not boring to talk with if you know how to cope with what they want to talk with. Just go with the flow and you will understand them.

“Yeah, I agree with that Aunt. Now it's your turn to tell your love story with Uncle, and Aunt. Come on and tell me now, I'm very curious about it.” Lyn nodded at what Felisa said and tease her to tell what she want to hear, their love story of course. Seems that Lyn is excited to hear her favorite love story. She even giggles like a child who is waiting for her favorite story to be told.

“Okay, okay, chill dear. I'm having my vacation in Israel when meeting him. Ezekiel goes there for a meeting, he is starting his business at that time. We meet at one of the events there and he is the one who approaches me and asks if we could dance. He loses a bet with his friend slash vice president and the consequence is to dance to a girl that attracts his attention at that event. 

Because I'm the one, so he approaches me. I dance with him not to be rude, it was just one dance after all but I didn't know if he fall in love with me at that time. After a week, he text me saying that he got my number from one of my friends that is with me at that event and ask me if we can go out so I said we could. It was a great opportunity to be interested in love at that time because he would become my first love. 

Things go in the right place and we become a couple. We do an LDR relationship but one day he didn't reply to my text and calls. I can't visit him because my parents are strict so I let him go. I force myself to move on and forget him but after three years we meet again here in the Philippines. I'm here for a business trip and so he is. All company owners or CEO need to attend this event and talk about things how to strengthen the partnership of each company.