46 - Danny/Elena- Without a trace and Csi Ny

Detective Danny Messer leaned against the breakroom counter, nursing a cup of coffee. The fluorescent lights buzzed overhead, casting a sterile glow on the linoleum floor. His partner, Elena Delgado, entered, her expression a mix of excitement and nerves.

"Hey," Danny said, raising an eyebrow. "What's got you all worked up?"

Elena fidgeted with the hem of her jacket. "Danny, I need to tell you something." She took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

Danny blinked, the words sinking in. "Pregnant?" he repeated, his mind racing. "Are you sure?"

Elena nodded, her eyes shining. "Yeah. I took the test this morning. Positive."

He set down his coffee, crossing the room to stand in front of her. "Elena," he whispered, "that's incredible."

She smiled, her hand resting on her belly. "I know it's unexpected, but I'm happy. Scared, too, but mostly happy."

Danny's heart swelled. He'd always admired Elena's strength, her unwavering dedication to their work. Now, seeing her vulnerable, he felt a protectiveness he hadn't known existed. "We'll figure this out," he said. "Together."

She leaned into him, her head on his shoulder. "I was worried you'd be upset," she admitted.

Danny chuckled. "Upset? Elena, this is amazing news." He kissed the top of her head. "We're going to be parents."

As the days turned into weeks, Danny and Elena navigated the challenges of pregnancy while solving cases. They whispered baby names in the squad car, debated nursery colors during stakeouts, and shared late-night cravings for pickles and ice cream.

Their colleagues noticed the change—the way Danny's protective instincts kicked into overdrive and how Elena's smile seemed brighter. Mac Taylor, their boss, raised an eyebrow during a briefing. "Everything okay with you two?"

Danny exchanged a glance with Elena. "Yeah, Mac," he said. "Everything's great."

But it wasn't just great; it was extraordinary. They painted the nursery together, assembling the crib with laughter and clumsy instructions. Danny read parenting books, and Elena teased him about his newfound expertise. They attended Lamaze classes, practicing breathing techniques side by side.

One evening, as they sat on their couch, Elena's feet propped up, Danny traced circles on her swollen belly. "I can't wait to meet our little one," he murmured.

Elena rested her hand on his. "Me neither," she said. "Danny, I love you."

His heart skipped a beat. "I love you too, Elena."

And in that small apartment, surrounded by love and anticipation, they forged a new chapter—a family born from unexpected joy.