Chapter 15: Stepping Forward

After what felt like an eternity, a SteelCore representative finally stepped onto the stage, holding a stack of envelopes in their hands. The room fell silent as the representative began calling out the names of the successful applicants.

"Colt Kjin Caswell," the representative called out, their voice echoing through the room.

Kjin's heart skipped a beat as he heard his name being called. He could feel a mixture of excitement and anxiety coursing through his veins. Trying to contain his emotions, he stood up and made his way towards the stage.

Each step felt like a milestone, bringing him closer to his dreams. As he reached the stage, the representative handed him an envelope with a warm smile.

"Congratulations, Kjin. You've been selected as part of the part-time purchasing staff at SteelCore," the representative said, their voice filled with genuine enthusiasm.

Kjin couldn't believe his ears. It was a moment of relief and accomplishment. His hard work and dedication had paid off. With trembling hands, he opened the envelope, his eyes scanning the official letter confirming his position.

A sense of pride and excitement overwhelmed him as he made his way back to his seat, a wide grin spreading across his face.

Quila watched Kjin's success with a mix of happiness and anticipation. She had been waiting for this moment, hoping that her name would be called next. As the representative continued calling out names, her heart raced with every announcement. And then, finally, the moment arrived.

"Euquillia Waverley McHale, a.k.a Quila," the representative announced, their voice filled with anticipation.

Quila's breath caught in her throat as she heard her name. Her hands trembled with a mix of nerves and excitement as she stood up. This was the moment she had been waiting for.

With each step towards the stage, her heart pounded in her chest. As she reached the representative, they handed her an envelope, their smile widening.

"Congratulations, Quila. You've also been selected as part of the part-time purchasing staff at SteelCore," the representative said, their voice filled with genuine pride.

A surge of joy and relief washed over Quila. It was a dream come true. She couldn't believe her luck. With trembling hands, she opened the envelope, her eyes scanning the letter that confirmed her position.

A sense of accomplishment filled her as she returned to her seat, unable to contain her excitement. She let out a cheer, unable to hide her happiness.

Kjin and Quila exchanged excited glances, their dreams of working together at SteelCore finally coming true. They couldn't believe their luck, knowing that this opportunity would not only provide them with valuable work experience but also allow them to contribute to the gaming industry.

As the recruitment event came to a close, Kjin and Quila left the venue with a renewed sense of purpose. They were ready to embark on their SteelCore journey, eager to make a difference and prove themselves as valuable members of the team.

Their conversations were filled with excitement and plans for the future, discussing how they would contribute to the company and the gaming industry as a whole. They felt a sense of camaraderie, knowing that they were not alone in their journey.

"I can't believe we made it, Kjin," Quila exclaimed, her eyes shining with excitement.

"I know, Quila. It's like a dream come true," Kjin replied, a wide smile on his face. "We're going to be a part of something big."

They walked side by side, their steps filled with determination and hope. They knew that this was just the beginning, and they were ready to give their all to SteelCore.