Chapter 32: Echoed Fears

While on duty, Quila's fingers danced across the keyboard, her eyes scanning the screen as she diligently processed each transaction. She took a deep breath, the scent of freshly brewed coffee, stale popcorn, and cleaning spray filling her nostrils.

"Like Kjin said, worrying won't change anything," Quila murmured to herself, a small smile playing on her lips.

The memory of Kjin's words and his reassuring voice was a comforting anchor in the storm of her anxieties. She could almost hear him say, "You got this, Quila," and a wave of warmth washed over her. Then she straightened her back and focused on her work.

Maddie, the store owner, watched Quila with a knowing smile. She had seen Quila's struggles-the way her shoulders slumped when she thought no one was looking.

But she also saw the resilience-the way Quila would shake off her anxieties and focus on the task at hand. "Good girl," Maddie whispered, her voice barely audible over the hum of the refrigerators.

As soon as her shift ended, Quila rushed out the door, her heart pounding with anticipation. The Silver Mall Rosario was just a short walk away, and she could practically feel the cool air conditioning against her skin.

She spotted Kjin standing by the entrance, his hands tucked into the pockets of his jacket, his gaze fixed on the bustling crowd. He looked up, his eyes widening with a smile, as he saw her.

"Yoh," Kjin said, his voice warm and familiar.

"You're here already," Quila replied, her breath catching in her throat. She had been so focused on her work and so determined to keep her anxieties at bay that she had almost forgotten about her brother.

"Of course." Kjin chuckled, his smile widening, and he gestured towards the bank. "Ready to finally open an account?" he asked.

Quila nodded, her heart pounding with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. "Ready as I'll ever be." She took a deep breath, her fingers tightening around the strap of her bag.

The money she will soon earn from her manga on MangaArtist.com is finally going to have a safe home. It was a small step, but it felt like a giant leap forward. She was finally taking control of her life, and Kjin was there every step of the way.

Then the glass doors of the bank swung open, revealing a sleek, modern interior, and they entered. Quila, clutching her documents-an ID, proof of address, a recent photo, and the two thousand pesos-took a deep breath. This was it. She was finally opening her own bank account. Kjin squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Good morning!" a friendly bank officer greeted them from behind the reception desk. "How can I help you today?"

"Yeah, morning," Quila replied, her voice steady. "I'd like to open a personal bank account."

The officer smiled. "Of course! Do you have all the necessary documents?"

Quila nodded, her heart pounding slightly. "Yes, I do." She handed over the documents, her fingers trembling a little as she placed the cash on the counter.

"Great! Please follow me," the officer said, leading them to a side area with several desks.

A bank representative, a man with a warm smile and a neatly trimmed beard, greeted them. "Good morning, Ms. McHale. I see you're ready to open an account. Let's get started."

He took Quila's documents, his eyes scanning them quickly. "First, I'll need you to fill out this account opening form. It asks for your personal details, contact information, and a few other specifics."

Quila took the form, her fingers tracing the lines as she read. "Okay," she murmured, feeling a surge of excitement mixed with a touch of apprehension.

Kjin sat beside her, his presence a calming influence. "Take your time," he whispered, giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "You got this."