Chapter 26: Whispers Unheard

February 10, Saturday

Kjin rose at 3:53 in the morning, the quiet stillness enveloping him as he prepared for his morning jog. As he reached for his bag, his hand brushed against the second-place silver acrylic trophy from the National Novel Writing Competition, triggering a flood of memories from a decade ago.

Flashback (10 years ago)

The tension in the air was palpable as Icebert's voice cut through the silence, "We were almost within reach of our dreams, but everything fell apart when you quit the team." His words echoed in the room, accusing and filled with disappointment.

Kaiser Martin, his eyes glistening with unshed tears, spoke next, his voice heavy with emotion, "We'll make sure you regret your decision to leave. We'll show that we can surpass you, even without you."

Katelyn's voice trembled with hurt as she expressed her disappointment, "I believed we were a team, a strong unit of five. Why did you leave us, Kjin?" Her words hung in the air, pleading for an explanation.

Amidst the turmoil of emotions, Leslie stepped forward, taking responsibility, "Don't blame him. It was my selfishness that led to all of this."

Silence enveloped the room as Kjin absorbed their words, his resolve unyielding. "If you can't understand my decision, then there's nothing more I can say," he uttered quietly before turning and walking away, leaving behind a group fractured by his departure.

End of flashback.

As the flashback faded, Kjin's thoughts lingered on the unresolved tension of the past. "Perhaps they still harbor resentment towards me," he mused to himself, a hint of regret in his voice. With a heavy heart, he made his way to Quila's room, pausing outside, a silent apology whispered for past actions left unrectified.

"Sorry, Quila. If my past hadn't been entangled in the Aerish plagiarism issue, I would have been there for you," Kjin's words carried a weight of unspoken apologies as he reflected on missed opportunities.

With a deep breath, Kjin stepped outside, the cool morning air embracing him as he made his way to Silver Mall Rosario, each step a reminder of the paths untaken and the relationships left strained by the passage of time.

Meanwhile, Quila's eyes fluttered open in the dim light of her room, the remnants of a sleepless night clinging to her. The memory of the intimate moment with Kjin from the day before flooded her mind, sending a wave of warmth through her body and igniting a flurry of sensations.

Her heart raced, matching the erratic rhythm of her breaths as she recalled the closeness with Kjin. Pressing her legs together, she felt a tingling sensation that made her cheeks flush with a deep shade of pink.

Her hands instinctively clenched the bedsheets beneath her, seeking an anchor in the whirlwind of emotions.

"Kjin, what have you done to me to make me feel like this?" Quila whispered softly to herself, her voice barely above a breathy murmur. Placing her left hand on her forehead, she applied gentle pressure, as if trying to dispel the lingering thoughts that consumed her.

A moment of clarity pierced through the haze of desire as Quila sat up, her internal monologue questioning her own fantasies, "Why am I imagining that situation with Kjin?" The uncertainty in her voice reflected the inner turmoil that wrestled within her.

With a deep breath, Quila attempted to shake off the lingering effects of the vivid memory, the remnants of Kjin's presence still lingering around her.

The internal conflict between desire and rationality played out in the quiet of her room, leaving her grappling with the unspoken emotions that had been stirred within her.