Chapter 13: Acceptance

Where is that bastard? Where is he? I need to fucking kill him right here, right now. He has the guts to come here despite my changing my location. Is it someone who knows me? This is getting out of hand. So, being killed is unavoidable, huh?

 Everywhere I go, the killer has to be there somehow. At least this confirmed it. An inevitable fate for me. It's a big change on my part.

I still shouted with frustration because I couldn't find the killer. I checked all the places, but there's not a faint trace of the killer. Did he already flee? Did he mistake me for dead?

Because if he really did, that's good for me. He's so messed up once I see him. I will not let it slide. He even tried to harm Liz. I sound like a psycho, but who cares? He's messed up my life way too much.

 It's not fair if I'm the only one who suffers. I'm down for anything, even if death awaits me. Finding you is my goal, and I will make sure to give you a wonderful ending.

I need to do something. I need to pla—

The knock on the door suddenly stopped me from thinking. Who is this person? It's already night, so why are there people at this hour? I check Liz's phone to check the time. It's already 9:25 p.m. I need to open it; he might help me. I can take Liz to the hospital.

I rush to open the door but stumble over the obstacle in front of me. My face fills with disgust when I see my right hand rolling. I just remembered that my hand was cut. With all the disgust I have, I vomit with saliva and blood. But whatever, I need to open the door. I need to open it.

I'm surprised when someone calls my name. "Be—Be—n Ben-n-n."

I look back, and it's Liz trying to speak. I go to her and try to stop her from speaking. She's gushing out blood, so I need her not to talk. It might worsen her situation. "Liz, don't speak, please. Help is coming; don't worry."

"No—be eee nnnn," she said. She tries to lift her hand, but I stop her. "Don't move, Liz, please. You need to stay alive."

She's not listening. She tries to lift it again and whispers something. I can't understand her. My body suddenly shivers when she says, "I know who the killer is."

"Who is it, Liz? Please tell me. I need to kill that bastard."

Liz shuts down and faints again. I try to wake her up, but she's not budging. "Liz, Liz, you're still alive, right?"

She doesn't answer. I tried again. "Who is the kil—"

The knock is still audible. Who would knock at this hour? They're sick. I walk toward the door to open it. I'm about to open it when someone grabs my neck.

I try to see with my peripheral vision and sense that it's the killer. "You didn't leave, huh? You cowardly bastard. You'll kill me again? Go on, kill me. I'm about to know your identity. So go on and do it. It's your loss anyway."

I laugh like it's the end of the world. Somehow, I'm happy he'll kill me. I'm about to be revived again. I will wake up again, so my being killed doesn't matter anymore.

He twists my neck, and I fall to the floor, still conscious, luckily, despite being twisted. But I feel like I only have a short time. My situation is critical, but it's not the time yet.

Good thing before he can grab my neck; I've already opened the door. The person behind the door can do his part. The door is slowly opening, and I'm shocked to see who it is.

"Ben? Liz? What happened here?" the guy said.

I try to glance at him, barely seeing him. He's wearing a hoodie? Wait, a hoodie? That was the killer. But who killed me then? If it's not the guy in the hoodie, then who is it?

I try to look at the guy in the hoodie again, and it's someone I know. It was him? He hurriedly approaches me and asks me who did it. But then the guy shouts at me.

"Why are you here? You shouldn't be here. Why did you bring yourself here? Even Liz is dead," he said.

I can't answer him anymore. The killer is nowhere to be found. It seems the killer has already gone away. That cowardly bastard. I cannot answer the guy, as I am already losing my breath.

He seems so panicked, but I can't do anything. The only thing in my mind is the acceptance that it is what it is.

I lie down before him, but before I end my breath, I curse in my mind, "I will find you wherever you are, so be ready to bear the karma that you're about to experience."

There's another killer, and it's not the guy in the hoodie because he is—

9:30 pm

When Ben was about to close his eyes, he realized something.

Flashback

I am now making haste to get my phone, so I rush really hard. I run so fast, even though it's kind of risky, considering these stairs are slippery. But it leaves me no choice; I had to do it because Liz is waiting for me. Finally, after many years, I am here (he just exaggerated it).

So, where is it? Oh, there. I'll put you in my bag; I might forget you again. Okay, all done. I need to get back there. Liz is kind of impatient; she might complain that I'm taking too long.

I'm about to go to the exit when suddenly someone bumps into me. I thought it was the pillar, so I cursed a little bit, saying, "Damn this pillar, you always get me every fricking single time."

To my shock, it was not a pillar but a fricking tall person. (Okay, sorry, I just assumed; my bad. I'm rushing, so what do you expect?)

That person is wearing a hoodie in this hot weather. Seriously?

That person was Marion. But why? (His eyes were already shutting down.)