Chapter 14: This Time It Will Be Different

The guy in the hoodie was Marion, I'm sure of it. But how could that be? Was he the one who killed me? No, it doesn't add up. He just arrived before the incident happened. There's no way it was him. There must be another person behind these strings, orchestrating everything. Although, in both the first and second timelines, there was a guy in a hoodie.

Is it different this time? I totally forgot that we already met in the last world. He was also wearing a hoodie when I confronted him. I even framed him as the killer, but seeing his expression during that time, it seemed like he had no idea at all. It irks me that all my plans about that hoodie guy, or, should I say, Marion, were all wasted. He's not the killer. Maybe he went to save me because he knew I would be killed.

Just remembering it, we talked in the last timeline. When I grabbed him, he was as shocked as me. He did warn me last time. But how did he know? Does he also experience this strange phenomenon? He even said something weird to me, but I should set it aside for now. For some reason, I know that right now I am in a dream. So even with this, I can control my dream, huh?

For the last time, the guy in the hoodie was Marion, and for some reason, he is my savior in every timeline I've had. Meeting him is necessary; that's why I kept bumping into him. There must be a reason for our encounter. But why was he there during that time? I thought he was absent because he was taking care of their other friend. He is suspicious. Was he lying to us? He must know something. I forgot to ask him that when I already had the chance to question him.

So, who is the killer? Is he some sort of spirit that I can't see? Is he that omniscient or omnipotent that I can't even figure out who is behind the bars? Every dot is almost connected. I need more time. But this time, I will uncover your identity. Just wait for me, because I myself will kill you with my own hands. This time it will be different.

Ben!!!!! Ben!!! BENNNNNNNN!!!! Wake up!!!!!

I suddenly woke up when Liz was shouting in my ear.

Liz, you don't have to do that. You're deafening.

Oh, I don't care, Ben. You were grinning while you were asleep; it's creepy, so I woke you up.

Sorry, did I sleep for too long?

Nah, just for almost 30 minutes.

I had a life-and-death situation a while ago, and I only slept for 30 minutes. That's ridiculous. Are you alright, Ben?

Yeah, more or less. You don't have to worry, Liz. Everything is fine, and I can assure you of that.

I am calmer than in the previous timeline I had. Did I get used to it? This time, I did not shout or panic to wake up. Instead, Liz is the one who woke me up. Was there any discrepancy in the timeline? I thought the flow was the same, but it's not. I was just expecting things.

We are now in the classroom, just like in the previous timeline. I explained what happened to Liz, and she did not seem surprised.

"I believe in you because it is something that only you can pull off. You don't have to doubt me because I have always believed in you. Whatever you say to me, I know it makes sense," she said.

She added, "No matter what, I will always be by your side."

I was touched by what she said. It might be the cringiest thing she has ever said to me, but it was wholesome. I know that Liz will guarantee to believe in me, but I did not know that it was beyond my expectations. She's my dearest friend after all.

While I was explaining to her, she asked if I was ready to face it all again. All the pain and trauma you had. You must be in pain right now; the situation for you is too fast and too sudden. You were just in a dire situation, right?