11

"HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!" Brennan shouted, "WE EVEN HAD CHILCHUCK TIMS DISABLE ALL OF THE TRAPS AROUND THE PALACE AND CALL A NON PEACEFUL UNANNOUNCED STRIKE WITH HIS GUILD NEARBY TO DISTRACT THE KING!"
"I'm sorry Lord Brennan." said Cardinal Clairmont, "If I may give some advice..."
"Roll for permission to speak." said Brennan.
Adrian Clairmont rolled the dice, "Nat twenty. You may speak." said Brennan.
"If you want to see your sister so badly that you would kidnap her, I'm sure if you apologised King Philippe would accept you back into the family." The Cardinal said.
"SILENCE!" shouted Brennan, "You don't know that man like I do and his new husband is influencing him against me.... I can never go back..." despite his anger, there was a twinge of sadness in his words.
"My apologies Lord Brennan." said Adrian Clairmont and he left the abandoned car park to return to the palace.

"Cardinal Clairmont." greeted Driss, who was guarding the entrance to the Welsh Royal Palace. "What are you doing out so late, especially on the night of the Primcess's party?"
"I had a church meeting." lied the Cardinal.
"No you didn't and we both know it." said Driss, "Cardinal Adrian Clairmont you are under arrest on suspicion of trying to kidnap Princess Magalie!" Driss handcuffed Adrian Clairmont and took him to the dungeon under the Welsh Royal Palace. He threw the holy man in the singular large cell. It was the first time Cardinal Clairmont had ever been down there and he wondered why there was only one cell... until he turned around.

"Don't be too loud." warned Driss, "It makes the dragon angry." He walked away laughing at the terrified expression on the incarcerated man's face. Not even Brennan and his dice could save him now.

"PLEASE!!! WAIT!!!" shouted Adrian Clairmont but Driss was already gone and the Welsh dragon has just woken up... and it was very angry.
"NOOOOOOOO!!!" shouted the Cardinal, and it was the last thing he ever said.