Chapter 17

The automated curtains of the Penthouse opened as soon as the first rays of sunlight began to appear on the horizon.

In normal time the sudden influx of natural light plus the faint noise of the curtains opening serves to wake up anyone who is not a heavy sleeper, unfortunately this did not work this time, there was no one to wake up, as Ayumu did not sleep after all.

The teenager stayed up all night due to the nerves caused by Hiroki's verdict, today she would know if he forgives her or not.

Besides the nerves, her night was occupied with ideas, thoughts, she tried to predict what would become of herself after the verdict, she hopes that Hiroki will forgive her, that he will find in his heart the strength to give her a forgiveness that Ayumu doubts she deserves, but if that is not the case.

She thought that she could move on, that despite not having the forgiveness of her best friend and first love, she could be okay, that she would continue practicing karate, that she would graduate and become a great karateka, meet a good man, start a family and live happily despite everything... A lie, one that she recreated a hundred different times, but that was always destroyed by herself.

Ayumu couldn't create a future for herself, because in her eyes she didn't deserve it, not after what her stupidity provoked, for months she had spent countless hours wishing to go back, to tell Hiroki everything as soon as she found out.

It wouldn't have changed anything, she was the last one to join that group and the biggest misdeeds had been done before she fell to the stranger, his mother, sister and ex would still have fallen into the stranger's arms and for her to warn him, it wouldn't have changed much.

But at least she would be on good terms with him, they would still be best friends and who knows, maybe without Nao around they would have managed to be something more.

But that can't be anymore, she had ruined him, her stupidity and blindness had ruined him and now she had to live with that. If he forgives her she decided she would dedicate her life to trying to get his trust again, but if she doesn't get it... Ayumu wouldn't even know what to do with herself.

She got up from the bed and left the room, she quickly saw Nagato in the kitchen and Kanako sitting in the dining room, she approached both noticing Kanako's state, it seems that she hadn't slept either, instead, Nagato looks gleaming "Good morning" Pronounced the red eyed girl approaching Ayumu carrying a cup that by the smell is full of coffee.

"Thank you and good morning" Ayumu said, taking the cup in hand.

"I figured you wouldn't have a pleasant night either, so I went ahead with your coffee, sorry if you don't like it, I don't know the type of coffee that goes with you, so I just made you the one Kanako likes" Ayumu drank the coffee feeling the smooth taste of the milk and honey inside, she didn't expect to test a coffee with honey, but it doesn't taste bad.

"I like it, thanks again" Nagato just smiled and went back to the kitchen to continue preparing what Ayumu assumed would be breakfast.

"Hiroki might wake up later, I left him in a room with no view of the outside, so he won't be woken up by the curtains opening, nor by some alarm clock, he needs to rest" Nagato said as he cracked some eggs and dropped their contents into a bowl.

Ayumu nodded at those words, getting the point.

"By the way I'm kind of curious why aren't you two talking to each other?" asked Nagato pointing at both girls.

Ayumu looked at Kanako and the latter did the same.

"Well... Ayumu was more Hiroki's friend than anything else, I mean she did spend a lot of time with Hiroki they even had sleepovers where they slept together, but I always stayed out of it, it's not like we interacted much in our whole lives" Kanako explained, to which Ayumu nodded.