Chapter 9

Hiroki had left home, he needed to get some fresh air and think a little about things without the decadent atmosphere that invaded his home, he walked without real direction until he found himself on a bridge.

Distracted, he began to look at the river passing below, the fish moving in its crystal clear water and the wind caressing his face, although his expression was droopy, this instant brought him some peace.

"Are you okay, buddy?" a mature, masculine voice asked from behind the boy.

Hiroki turned around and at first glance thought he was seeing that foreigner that had been bothering him so much, but looking better he realized that this man is older, maybe in his late twenties, he is also taller and even more muscular, a true giant.

"Yes" Hiroki replied, not trying too hard because that sounded convincing.

"Are you sure?" questioned the man, this one leaned against the bridge railing "That doesn't seem to be the case."

In truth Hiroki appreciated the stranger's concern, but at the same time he found that concern odd "Why do you care?" Hiroki asked, he didn't mean it in a bad way, it was genuine curiosity.

"A lonely teenager on a bridge, looking depressed looking down, you can't blame me for thinking you were about to make a big mistake" Hiroki opened his eyelids wide in realization.

Certainly with his droopy expression and how long he stared at the river he may have given the wrong impression "Oh god no, I wasn't thinking of committing suicide" Hiroki said immediately.

The black man let out a sigh of relief "Thank god, I intervened, but I swear I have no idea what to say in these cases" the man let out a small laugh that served to release some of the stress that had been building up as soon as he saw what he thought was a potential suicide.

"I can understand that... I wouldn't know what to say to someone in that situation myself" The unspoken words were that he doesn't even know what to say to himself in his own situation.

That was noticed by the black man "It seems anyway my questions are valid, you have a very droopy expression for someone your age, youth shouldn't carry that kind of expression" Pronounced the man pulling out of his pocket a cigarette and lighting it "Sorry, bad habit, if it bothers you I'll put it out"

"No, it's fine" Hiroki said, although he doesn't like the smell of smoke, they are both in a public place and anyway the wind direction makes the smoke not come towards him "I wish I didn't have this expression, but I realize that life is not always as one wants"

"Wise words you say" Pronounced the man letting out a sigh laden with the smoke from his cigarette "My name is Steve, Steve Montgomery" Introduced the man advancing his large hand towards Hiroki for a greeting.

Hiroki accepted it seeing how comically small his hand was in comparison to the adult easily reaching 6 feet "Hiroki, Hiroki Mori" The blond introduced himself.

"Well Hiroki, I know we don't know each other or anything like that, but if I had to give you some advice as someone who didn't exactly have an easy adolescence, is that you only have two methods of solving things, face them or run away from them, both have their pros and cons" He spoke from experience.

He himself partly regrets having run away, if he had not done so he might have served as a good influence for his younger brother instead of only having his father and mother as an influence, but at the same time he knows that if he had not run away he would still be in the neighborhood working for a pittance.

"I don't think I can run away from my family" Hiroki pronounced, looking at the river below the bridge.

"You can, but there will always be the remorse, the bad thing about family is that blood doesn't stop them from being nefarious to us, and in turn it stops us from completely detaching ourselves from them, much less when we spend time with them" Steve took a puff on his cigarette.