chapter 3: limit test part 2

I made it just in time. I was third in the queue, so I was allowed to enter a changing room. Ah, shit, I forgot my clothes. Well, I guess my uniform will have to do. Hmm, what should I do to warm up? Uh, I don't know, I guess I'll just watch the participants before me. Oh, it's him, that's the thug that tried challenging me. Uhhh, what was his name again?

"It's Hallow."

Huh, who said that? I turn to my right and see a short girl, maybe around 4 feet tall, with blue hair but big eyes.

"Th- that person is Hallow."

Kai - "Huh, who are you?"

"Wow, that's kind of a mean way to ask, especially since I'm helping you," she said that with a completely blank face. Is this person okay?

"My name's Maddie. Nice to meet you..."

Kai - "Ah, my name's Kai. Nice to meet you, Maddie."

Maddie - "Uh-huh. Now, watch."

Kai - "Uuhh, okay?"

She's definitely missing a screw. But either way, I pay attention to the monitor. To be honest, I'm kinda interested to see what kind of ability Hallow has. Hallow started out by lifting weights, demonstrating that his physical strength was much higher than a human. Then he showed off a few martial arts skills. Finally, for his limit, he seemed to have a wall placed in front of him as well as tennis ball launchers. WTF could his limit be? That's when my jaw dropped. The tennis ball launcher started shooting, and all the tennis balls went right through him. Then he proceeded to walk through the wall placed on the side of him. That's so cool.

Maddie - "Not really."

Huh, did I say that out loud?

Maddie - "Nope, you didn't."

Kai - "Wait, how tf are you doing that? Also, how's the ability not cool???"

Maddie - "I'm not gonna tell you the first part. However, the reason Hallow's ability isn't amazing is 'cause he can still get stuck. Once, when we were little, he got his legs stuck in the ground for 4 hours, and we had to get a limit user to help us."

Kai - "Ouch, that must've sucked." Hhmmm, so she must be Hallow's childhood friend or something.

Maddie - "Yeah, it did. He was crying the whole time. And no, I'm his sister."

Hallow - "Hey, quit your blabbering, Maddie."

Hallow slowly approached us from the stage exit. He was dripping with sweat and squeezing a bottle of water down his throat.

Hallow - "Oh, it's you, Kai... What're you doing with my sister?" He pushed his forehead against mine. He's slightly taller, so it was quite intimidating.

Kai - "Uhh, nothing. I was just watching your performance."

Hallow - "Ahh, I see. You're trying to find my weaknesses already, huh?" He seemed to be getting angrier as his teeth started grinding.

Maddie - "Shut up, Hallow. Not everyone is trying to be your villain."

Hallow - "Hey, don't butt in, shorty."

Maddie instantly went from looking calm and relaxed to giving Hallow one of the most menacing death stares I've ever seen.

Hallow - "Uhh, fine." Hallow backed off and brushed his hair up out of his face as he walked away.

Ahh, throughout that whole ordeal, the next showing was already done. Ehhh, now it's my turn, but I haven't even calmed down. Shit. My heart starts beating rapidly as my chest starts pounding.