Chapter 8 Pizza

After the battle on the mountain, we took a much-needed break, during which Arthur shared some pointers with us. He emphasized the importance of being prepared at all times and managing my anxiety. However, our respite was abruptly interrupted by a low rumble from the ground, followed by a small crack appearing in the sky. Arthur wasted no time in informing us that this wasn't a permanent gate; the cracks in the sky were evidence enough.

Upon reuniting with the other group, it was evident that they were exhausted, particularly Mr. Bong. As soon as he caught sight of us, he stormed up to Arthur, his frustration palpable. "This was the worst idea you've ever had! Do you have any idea how hard it was to watch over these kids and keep them safe? You could've at least warned me it was a B-rank dimension!" Mr. Bong's tone was laced with aggression as he loosened his tie and removed his blazer, his exasperation evident in every movement.

Arthur, ever the epitome of calmness, responded calmly, "Calm down, you're spitting on me, and I just cleaned my jumper."

Despite Arthur's attempt to defuse the situation, Mr. Bong's frustration only seemed to intensify, his tantrum growing in magnitude. Eventually, we were able to leave the gate, although our time there had felt like an eternity. Fortunately, Arthur granted us an early departure, sparing us further ordeal.

As Dom, Ab, and I walked together, our stomachs growled in unison, leading us to a nearby pizza shop. The scent of freshly baked dough and savory toppings filled the air as we entered. The atmosphere was cozy and welcoming, with warm lighting and the sound of cheerful chatter adding to the ambiance.

We settled into a booth by the window, the afternoon sunlight streaming in and casting a golden glow over everything. The menu, displayed on a chalkboard behind the counter, boasted a variety of mouthwatering options, from classic Margherita to exotic combinations like barbecue chicken and pineapple.

After placing our order, we eagerly awaited our pizza, the anticipation building with each passing minute. When it finally arrived, carried by a smiling waitress, we couldn't wait to dig in.

The first bite was pure bliss - the crust perfectly crisp on the outside yet delightfully soft and chewy on the inside. The sauce, tangy and flavorful, danced on our taste buds, complemented by the gooey, melted cheese that stretched with each delicious bite. Toppings adorned the pizza in a colorful mosaic, each one adding its own unique flavor and texture to the culinary masterpiece before us.

As we savored each mouthful, laughter and conversation flowed effortlessly around the table, the shared experience of enjoying a delicious meal strengthened the bonds of friendship between us. At that moment, surrounded by good food and even better company, it truly felt like paradise.We discussed with Ab how he found the gate. He said his group had to fight these golems made out of stones. They were extremely hard to defeat, but Ab proudly stated that his ability was extremely useful for defeating them. We then shared our experiences with him. His face was just as shocked as ours when we were witnessing it. If I was Ab I probably wouldn't believe it but luckily for us Ab did get to spar with that monster so I'm sure he knew we were not exaggerating.

"He may be an idiot, but he's pretty strong," said Scarlet as she swooped in and stole one of my slices.

"Why me?" I muttered.

"She feels more comfortable with you," said Maddie as she stole a second pizza slice.

Nothing she said registered; all I could think about was the devastating blow to my plate. I shed a tear in respect for my fallen soldiers, in other words, my taste buds.

"What? No, I am not," shouted Scarlet.

"Did you already forget my limit?" Maddie replied with a blank expression.