Chapter 6 the end of the first lesson

The fireball hurtled toward Arthur with alarming speed, but his unwavering calmness provoked us to readiness rather than celebration. Instead of reveling in the impending victory, we braced ourselves for what might come next. Just as the scorching ball of flames was about to engulf him, I saw him flick a rock toward Maddie. The net exploded, and for a few seconds, everything was obscured by a mountain of flames.

"Did you kill him?" I asked, scanning the fiery chaos for any sign of our adversary.

"I wish," Scarlet replied with a hint of regret in her voice.

Suddenly, Arthur's laughter pierced through the roaring flames as he emerged unscathed from the inferno, his blue top singed but his demeanor unshaken. Maddie attempted to dash back towards us, but before she could, she was kicked in the ribs and sent flying out of the battle. It was just Dom, Scarlet, and me.

But my assumption was wrong; Scarlet suddenly fell to the ground. "I'm sorry; it's up to you guys," she said while holding her hand in pain before leaving the area.

Now, it was just Dom and me against this formidable opponent. Arthur wasted no time and dashed towards Dom. I intercepted, throwing a jab towards his chest, but he disappeared and swept my legs. Using one of my energy blasts, I launched myself back to create distance, and Dom went in for the kill using his ability. All I could see was a blur, as if our teacher was moving at the same speed as Dom, which shouldn't be possible considering Dom's time-slowing abilities. Then, Dom appeared on the ground outside of the area, smiling at me. "Wow, not a bad class; that's twice now you've nearly got me. But now, it's just you."

I prepared a chaos energy bomb as Arthur ran towards me. He then pulled off his earring and turned it into a huge diamond sword, aiming it right at my head. With my left hand, I grabbed it, and with my right, I released the bomb on the ground, guaranteeing a sure hit. But to my surprise, I was the only one affected; his white fur coat had turned into a huge shield, completely surrounding him.

Pissed off, I released multiple energy bombs at his shield, but he walked through the backside of the shield and threw a rock at me, just like last time. In response, I brought up my guard, but instead of teleporting at the rock, he dashed towards me and punched me in the stomach, sending me flying almost 14 feet in the air. And before I knew it, his shoes grew, making him instantly the same height as me. His once diamond sword was now a diamond bat that shimmered in the sunlight, almost blocking my view.

My instincts took over, and I used one of the abilities I wasn't meant to. My blue eye glowed as time started to slow down. I fell and hit the ground as Arthur slowly missed his attack in the air. I prepared an attack by accumulating all my energy into my palm. Unlike in the limit exam, this time, in order to get by, I had to use everything. The purple energy spread through my body as a huge swirling ball gathered in my palm. Time started speeding up as the teacher then jumped to avoid my attack. Everyone else was yet to react; this showed how fast he truly was.

At the top of my lungs, I screamed, "Clear my path and show me the way, light of chaos!" The purple beam shot towards him in what I thought was a direct hit. The great beam of light lit up the sky as time went back to normal. I fell to my knees as I returned to my original form.

"Hey, that's gotta be cheating," Arthur exclaimed as he stood unscathed. He took off his glasses, but they crumbled to dust. "Nice try, kid; I didn't know we had someone like you in our class," he whispered in my ear as he picked me up and threw me out of the battle zone.

"Whoa, what was that?"

"What just happened?"

"That was crazy?"