⚡️☔️Evening in the Rain (Vox)☔️⚡️

Requested by: @sageh408

Pairing: Vox x fem!Reader

Summary: After a long work shift at the hotel, Y/N is caught in a thunderstorm, missing her bus home when Vox finds her.

Warnings: Fluff & swear words.

~•*•~

Walking out of the hotel, I sighed in frustration.
"Ugh," I complained, rubbing my forehead.

I had just worked a full 12 hour shift, constantly being harassed by the needy customers and staff members.

There are few things that make my job so miserable.

1. Charlie is way too passionate about her hotel.

2. Husk absolutely despises me.

3. Angel flirts with EVERYONE.

4. Alastor also hates me for being friends with Vox.

I am seriously considering quitting. I just can't do this anymore.

Gathering my purse, I stopped at a small concession store, picking out a bottle of water and a bag of snacks.

"Just this," I said, walking up to the checkout.
The demon behind the counter showed little enthusiasm and scanned each item with hooded eyes.

"Thank you," I said, slipping the food in my purse.

As soon as I stepped outside it started to drizzle.
"Shit," I groaned, covering my head.

The bus stop is only a couple blocks away...I can make it before it starts to--

CSHHHH!

A lightning bolt struck out in the distance.

...rain.

"Fuck!" I cursed, as the rain started pouring down.

I dashed to my stop only to be splashed by the bus, soaking me even more.

"No! Wait! Stop!" I called after it as it drove away. "FUCK!"

Looks like I'll be walking...

I pulled out my phone to see how far my house was...5 fucking miles?!

I collapsed on a park bench in defeat, sobbing into my hands.

Suddenly...it miraculously stopped raining?
I looked up to see Vox holding an umbrella over my head. I quickly wiped away my tears.

"V-Vox! I...I didn't expect to see you here."

"Um...are you okay?" He asked gently.

"Y-yeah...I'm fine," I shivered.

He gave a small smile. "You don't look fine..." He held out his hand for me to take.

Taking it, I returned the smile and sighed. "I'm...not..." I said plainly.
He nodded, "hard day?"

I have a weak laugh, "really hard...everyone back at the hotel hates me..." I said, fiddling with my hands.

He pulled me closer to him by my waist.
"W-what are you...?" I stuttered, feeling my face heat up.

He blushed. "Um...I was trying to get you under the umbrella," he said as his blush darkened, his grip around my waist still tight. "Y-you don't mind...right?"

"Oh um...no...I guess I don't..." I said nervously.
He smiled. "That's good...here, I'll walk you home."

"Oh you don't have to do that," I reassured him.
He shook his head. "Please, I insist. No one as lovely as you deserves to walk home in the rain."

I blushed. "Okay..."

His smile widened into something more genuine.

"Here," he said, pulling me even closer to him, "it's a small umbrella."

~•*•~

The rest of the walk home was silent and awkward...but also kinda sweet?

Every now and then Vox would glance over at me or tighten his grip around my waist.

When we finally arrived at my front step, I offered for him to come in, which he declined.

"Come on...the rain isn't getting any better. Besides, you could wreck your screen, and I owe you for the favor."

"I don't want to intrude. It'd be awfully rude of me."

"Don't be silly, Vox!" I said, taking his hand and pulling him through the door.

He chuckled. "Well, okay."

He set his things down and I went into the kitchen, fixing us both a snack.

~•*•~

The rest of the evening Vox and I talked and laughed, opening up to each other about our struggles at work.

There's not much that I can say too much about that night...all is to say that it ended with a shared kiss between me and Vox..