Prologue: Quirkless

Izuku Yagi was a green haired boy with an excitable personality, never before seen friendliness and a smile that could blind the sun. He had bright blue eyes that seem to be the only captive to the sun.

Izuku was born to Inko and Toshinori Yagi, a couple of experienced fighters, along with his twin sister Izumi Yagi, who was born 6 minutes after him. She had straight gold hair like her father, and had the same joyful personality like her brother.

The two both had a seemingly unbreakable trust and loyalty to each other, as if nothing could break it. They both had a resounding determination and made a promise to each other to become top heroes one day. However, one day, everything would change.
______________________________________

It was Izuku and Izumi's fourth birthday, and while Izumi was lying in her sleep, Izuku was thoroughly shaking her, "Izumi! Wake up!" the boy exclaimed, desperate to wake his sister up. It was time for him to find out his quirk, and he couldn't be more excited. It was his next step to become a hero.

"Izuku stop shaking me," Izumi wearily groaned, wiping the sleep out of her eyes. "But come on, we're gonna find out our quirks soon and I just can't wait!"
"I almost forgot, you're right Izuku, I can't wait either!" Izumi grinned, and Izuku exclaimed "Yeah! Let's become pro heroes together, PLUS ULTRA!"

The time for the quirk doctor had arrived and Izuku, Izumi as well as his Mother were prepared for the news, whilst Toshinori awaited their arrival. Izuku was at an all time high, and nothing could knock him off. Except, for one word.

Quirkless
"Your son is quirkless," explained the doctor, with an apologetic look.
"Excuse me," muttered Inko, still in shock. The doctor continued, "Unfortunately, you're son was born without the possibility of developing a meta ability." The doctor quickly took a look to the child in discussion, who'd frozen at the thought of being quirkless, as if his world had turned upside down. "I'm sorry, kid," the doctor said empathetically.

"How is it possible! Both me and his father were born with a quirk, so how is he different!" Inko cried
"Most likely a case of genetic mutation," explained the doctor.

Then, the doctor displayed an x-ray of Izuku's foot.

"In recent years, we discovered a correlation between quirk development and joints in the foot. It was stated that if a child's pinky toe has an extra joint, there is a 99% chance that the child will not develop a quirk."

"But-"
"No buts," the doctor cut Inko off, "In the midst of the bad news there is still some fortunate comings."
"I'm intrigued," Inko stated, showing that she'd moved on from the old topic. "Your daughter has a powerful telekinesis quirk, with incredibly high potential, if she utilises it well, she has the potential to be a top hero."
"I'm pleased, despite my sons diagnosis, thank you Doctor Garaki,"

Inko and the kids left the room, 2 pleased and 1 confused. Izuku being the optimistic soul he was, believed that even though he had no power residing inside of him he'd still become a hero, and become the first quirkless one at that.

Once he'd arrive home, he'd recieve his first signs of neglection. Whilst his parents began fawning over Izumi, Izuku didn't share any of the spotlight. Being an irrational child at the time, Izuku was unaware what would become of this, and walked to his room. Thinking it was going to be a one time thing, Izuku went to bed peacefully for the last time until after more than seven years...

Chapter end:
(A/N, I don't own my hero academia or any of its characters.)
Word count: 613 (relatively short prologue)