Chapter 4 - Copy

PREVIOUSLY

"You must be the guy Gojo-sensei was planning to recruit. I'm Izuku Yagi"

3rd Person POV

Yuta accepted the handshake from Izuku. Izuku Yagi, huh, 'So he's the guy who the people at school called the quirkless deku.' He thought, 'judging from that he's probably not that bad, right?' " He then spoke up, "Well, its nice to meet you, I'm Yuta Okkotsu"

"I'm familiar with that name, you're the first non sorcerer to be ranked special grade by the higher ups, and the quickest to do so too. Well, Gojo-sensei says you have this really cool power which makes you able to summon this massive curse. Is that your cursed technique or what?"

Izuku was extremely curious about this guys power, his personality wasn't too different from when he met Gojo. However, he was slightly more confident in the way he carried himself.

"Cursed technique, what's that?"

"A cursed technique is an ability kind of like a battery, you apply cursed energy to it, which outputs to create a strong offence, defence or anything other."

"Whats your technique?"

"My technique is the same as my distant uncle/sensei, or the blindfold guy. It's called the Limitless which gives, you the ability to manipulate and distort space."

"He said something about limiting his powers, can you expand?"

"His blindfold and my sunglasses are fully blacked out but we can still see, our eyes are capable of seeing cursed energy, it also gives us a stream of information about something we're looking at. We wear our eye covers so that we don't fry our brains from the amount of information that goes into our brain if our eyes are uncovered."

Without letting Yuta speak, Izuku continued his extra long explanation of jujutsu.

"Speaking of my eyes. If I take off my sunglasses, I should be able to see what your cursed technique actually is."

Then Izuku lowered his sunglasses, looking at Yuta straight in the eye, before a glimmer of light shone in his eyes, something had excited him.

"Okkotsu, your cursed technique is awesome. Its called Copy, you can copy cursed techniques and not only that, you can also copy quirks. The copy isn't a weak one easier, it should be of a similar level to the original, or possibly.... even BETTER! A bonus is that you have a ridiculous amount of cursed energy,  a level comparable to me and Gojo!"

Yuta thought to himself, genuinely excited for once. He didn't even need to use Rika to be powerful, he could let go of the memories, but at the same time, he had to keep his promise to Gojo.

"How do I activate it?" he asked.

"All you have to do is see the technique or quirk in action and you can copy it. Just don't copy mine, it takes a lot of cursed energy to maintain, and even with the amount of energy you have in your reserves, you need my eyes to use it properly,"

Izuku continued, "The best way to try your technique is probably to visit a crime scene, and then copy the villain's quirk. But first, you need your uniform."
______________________________________

Izuku led Yuta towards a room, the room seemed to have clothing sold inside. There was several different clothing inside, from white gakurans (typical Japanese clothing, to hoodie with multiple colour hoods. The hooded ones were the uniform that Izuku wore, his bore a green hood.

"Okkotsu, you get to choose one of any of these clothes. The one you choose, will likely be what you wear on missions, for the rest of your life."

"Well, I choose the white gakuran. The golden buttons look cool."

"Cool, we can buy it now, and then you can quickly put it on. Then we can head out and test your cursed technique. This is going to be awesome."

Yuta smiled timidly before walking away.
______________________________________

"Hey Okkotsu, ready to leave," said Izuku, waiting at the door. "Yep, ready," Yuta replied, decked out in his newly acquired jujutsu uniform. From this day on, Yuta was a Jujutsu Sorcerer in training.

The two walked out and headed out towards a darkened alleyway. Izuku tried to start some small talk, but Yuta just tensely walked on. Eventually they reached the destination, where a villain with a brainwashing quirk was ordering a bank worker to steal money from them.

"Hey, Mr Bank Worker," said the criminal, "What do you want, vil-". Before he could finish his sentence, his eyes went dead, as if all the liveliness of a human being had been sucked out of him.

"Go use your bank credentials and steal some money for me, ok." Without even a thought of dispute, the man walked directly to his workplace, because he couldn't argue, or think, only follow orders.

Izuku watched in awe. "A BRAINWASHING QUIRK. SO AWESOME!" Whilst Yuta watched him fanboy like a quirk fanatic. 'This guy must like quirks a lot, huh,' he thought. "Hey Okkotsu, use your technique to copy his quirk."

Yuta looked at the man, then tried to suck energy from his negative emotions which he'd stored from previous experiences. Then, he poored the energy into his cursed technique before saying, "Copy." Yuta then felt a rush through his body, it was as if a new ability had just surged through him in the blink of an eye. "Hey Yagi, try seeing what the abilities factors are, using your eyes."

"Well you copied and amplified the brainwashing quirk, you can activaye the quirk whenever you want, and, if you say something to someone whilst the ability is activated, you can force them to do it, unlike the other guy, who had to have him respond to his speech.

Now try activating it"

Yuta felt the quirk course from his brain to his mouth before shouting, "DONT MOVE!" Then almost a shockwave of sound parted the air. Izuku tried to move, but he couldn't. Then Yuta released the quirk, and the tension that built up in Izuku's body released, and he could move freely.

"Thats a really awesome quirk you've got at your disposal." Yuta looking uncomfortable looked up at Izuku, careless and lively. It reminded him of how he was before Rika died, cheerful and hopeful. "Thanks"
"Well, we should probably get pack to the school, now that we've tested out your technique. You need to learn close combat, and then, maybe we could spar."

"That would be cool."

"It's been a long time since I've had someone my age that I can talk to so easily, we should be friends."

"Yeah, friends."

For the first time in his life, Izuku Yagi, had made a friend.
______________________________________

Timeskip - 9 months (Boys are now 13 almost 14)

"Hey Yuta, Gojo-sensei has been kinda off lately, as if he's been preparing for something" said Izuku. It was the beginning of the school day, and Yuta and Izuku were waiting for Gojo to return. He'd vanished before they started the lesson.

"You're right. Gojo has never been tense. Ever. So why now?"

On queue, Gojo walked in, in his usual goofy and carefree manner. "Class, we HAVE a NEW STUDENT!" Gojo said in an extremely enthusiastic expression, whilst Izuku and Yuta looked at him with blank faces. 'A new student huh, so thats what caused his change in behaviour. So unlike him.'

"NOW, welcome, our NEW STUDENT,"

At the exact same time, a girl, with green hair, like Izuku's, styled in a straight ponytail. She was slightly taller than the boys at 5'4, but she'd almost stopped growing. She had a slightly aggressive look reminding both Yuta and Izuku of Bakugo, 'BAD SIGN' they both thought.

"Yo, My name is Maki Zenin. But call me Maki."

(A/N Maki will be Izuku's love intrest, but it will be slowburn, more or less. Maki will be a kind of yandere. I know I put Deku x OC, but deku x maki is not a good tag as it is a crossover, so I just decided that its in a different verse, but they are technically slightly original in their backstories but not designs."

I still obviously don't own MHA or JJK, which are owned by Kohei Horikoshi and Gege Akutami respectively)

Word count 1289