Chapter 8 - It's Pure Love

(A/N Ill try making this chapter a good length, and there will be a huge a/n at the end which will explain a lot of things
This chapter will be flashback-heavy, letting you know in advance)

Violence, intense flashbacks, and character death warning.

***

RECAP

Suguru Geto painfully knocked out Maki and Izuku. Yuta had walked in on his gravely injured comrades and vowed to kill him.

***

Flashback

The scene is set in a vibrant park, surrounded by positive vibes, children running around cheerfully, going down the slide, and, most of all, having fun. In the middle of this park, we have our secondary main character, as a 9-year-old, sitting on a picnic rug with his best friend, Rika Orimoto.

Rika presented a black box with a velvet finish before declaring, "Happy birthday, Yuta!" as said boy excitedly grabbed the box out of Rika's hand, turning and moving it around, almost, inspecting it. "WOW! Can I open it?"

"Go ahead," she replied, smiling gently,

"I can open it!?"

"I said go ahead!"

"Wow!" he said, before opening the box, revealing a shiny, silver ring, with a crystal-blue diamond, that glimmered in the light of the sun.. Yuta's look of excitement, shifted into something slightly questioning, "A ring?"

Rika nodded her head, "An engagement ring!" she added. Yuta, slightly confused, asked, "Engagement?"

Rika did not reply yet, instead retaining her soft smile, and wrapping her little finger around that of Yuta's raised hand. Yuta, unbeknownst to this, Yuta held a slightly surprised look, before, the girl answered his question,

"It's a promise," She began, "That, when we both grow up, we'll get married."

***

A scream was heard.

"Is this real?" asked a voice.

"HEY!"

"Hey! Someone call an ambulance!"

"Idiot.. LOOK AT HER! There's no saving her, her head's been crushed in!"

"But still..."

Another man had dialled the ambulance on their phone and reported the incident, "A child got run over by a car! ... Yes! .... "Hurry!"

In the midst of all of all of this, a traumatised Yuta stood in front of the zebra crossing, where no more than 3 feet before him, stood the lifeless corpse of  his 'engaged' friend. A puddle of blood, that covered a larger surface area than the body, surrounded the victim, their limbs almost completely split up.

"Rika-chan?" uttered Yuta, not questionably, but trying to piece together what just happened. The essence of the crash had practically made his brain lag behind his vision as if his conscience couldn't process what lay before his eyes.

What was visible to everyone else, was a boy uttering his late friend's name. However, as his brain caught up, his mind denied her death, cursing her, consequently, transforming her into a vengeful spirit, who, as long as she is connected to Yuta, will protect him, out of love, not hesitant to kill.