1

??? P

??? P. O. V.

"Everything is bathed in the dark atmosphere." I said sighing and rolling my eyes adjusting the curtains.

Sitting at my window, I stared out at the dimly lit cityscape and couldn't manage to shake the feeling of loneliness and despair that has overtaken my mind.

I yearn for a glimpse of something that can brighten my mood, something that can break the monotony of my life.

"Elizabeth" I flinched as I heard my name being called downstairs. Most likely Mom?

I swiftly got up from my seat and turned off all the unnecessary lights in my room, before heading out as I concluded that it was probably dinner time.

I took my feet to walk down the long stairs of the palace, my mood already set to be gloomy.

As I looked at my already-set up family on the dining table. Why did someone even thought to call me for dinner when y'all were already eating?

"What's with the unnecessary call?" I grumbled to myself under my breath, slightly irritated taking my seat as everyone looked in my direction like I had grown horns.

As I served myself a piece of fish,
I took a fork and began to eat it silently, making no noise and barely making any conversation with the rest of the family.

"Pull out the tissues" I heard my little brother Yeonjun say something about tissues.

"Huh?" I murmured, somewhat confused by his statement.

"Tissues from your mouth, duh?" he said, laughing at his own joke while getting a glare from mom, who was sitting silently and focusing on her food.

I gave him a teasing smile as he started to say something.

"You-"

I smirked as I quickly moved my finger casting a small and subtle spell on him.

"Mmhm." he started coughing lightly, placing a hand on his chest as he looked at me.

"Eonni did you-"

"Mhmm" he coughed again, this time realizing that I had just cast a spell on him that caused the coughing.

The whole family ate in silence which only broke occasionally by Yeonjun's coughs and it looked like it bothered him more than anyone here. Tsk tsk the result in messing with me.

We both talked with eye contacts as it broke when mom started speaking.

"Jun, are you..." Mom began to speak, but was cut off by her younger son's cough.

"Mmhm." he nodded quickly as he tried to suppress another cough he was feeling come on.

"Oh, stop coughing so much. Are you sick?" I asked, faking my concern which annoyed him more as he opened his mouth to say something but was cut off with another cough.

He somehow ended up finishing his meal rather quickly before getting up and heading to his room, all the while still coughing here and there.

Before he left, he muttered a small and short "Goodnight" and was soon gone and out of sight. I continued to sit at the table.

✮✮✮

"Are you coming to tonight's function?" Jimin who just sat down on the couch with his hands resting on the board of the couch asked.

He looked up and saw his best friend, still working on some documents at his desk.

"Hello? I am here to talk to ya not those things on your desk?" Jimin said pointing at the things on his desk making sure he was talking to him as the latter looked up and spun his chair around once before saying "Only if Jisoo comes."

"Lemme ask her if she will then."

"Hmph"

"Don't Hmph me!" Jimin said almost pouting which his best friend found disgusting.

"What are you? A five year old?"

"What are you? A dumb fuck shit?" Jimin threw back glaring at him while he just chuckled focusing on his work until his phone started buzzing.

He glanced at the caller ID before he responded with a smile.

Jimin, caught off guard by the smile on his face choked on his breath for a moment. Rare sight indeed!

"How are you? Love" he asked with a smile looking at the pen in his hand as he started twirling it around his long fingers.

"Kim Taehyung?" Jimin muttered his name as the latter looked at his direction raising his eyebrows not liking how Jimin interrupted it as Jimin shrugged lightly looking away.