5

Taehyung's P. O. V.

"Check her pulse," Jimin uttered frantically, stirring me out of my reverie.

Gosh! What was I staring at?

I snapped back to reality and grabbed the girl's wrist as I frantically checked her pulse.

"There's... nothing..." I mumbled under my breath, my throat feeling tight and my hands shaking slightly.

Jimin was about to say something, when I noticed a slight trembling of her lips as she struggled to form words.

Her voice was barely a whisper, but I leaned close in to hear the barely audible voice.

"J-jane..." that was all I could make out.

She repeated the name several times, but I couldn't tell what it was she was trying to convey.

"Let's take her to the hospital!" Jimin exclaimed, as I quickly agreed and stood up, carrying her small figure with ease.

She was as light as a feather. There was something about her that made me worried, even though I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was.

✮✮✮

Author's P. O. V.

The hospital appeared like any other, with a few of the windows lit up on the first few floors while the upper ones lay dimmed.

The two males entered the building, carrying the girl. The nurses in the lobby took notice of their arrival and immediately went to aid them.

Of course, the hospital was owned by Taehyung.

The doctor finally opened the door, looking somewhat exhausted. Jimin and Taehyung quickly glanced up, their eyes filled with worry.

The doctor's expression turned straight yet a small smile as he spoke, "She had injuries all over her body from various sources. But after the initial shock, the wounds disappeared without a trace. This is completely foreign to modern medicine and technology. She is physically okay now, we don't have an explanation for what is happening to her."

Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other with astonishment and confusion.

"What was her name Mr Kim?"

Taehyung paused for a moment, realizing that he didn't even know her name. He tried to think quickly, coming up with the first thing that came to mind.

"Wait, she mentioned something about a 'J', could be her name?" Taehyung thought to himself.

He replayed the scene again in his mind and suddenly, like a lightbulb turning on, a name came to him as he opened his eyes with a startle.

"Jennie."

"Huh?" The doctor asked.

"Her name... Her name is Jennie." he said, trying to make it sound more believable.

He could feel the doctor's eyes on him, as if trying to gauge his response, but Taehyung tried to keep his cool.

The doctor raised an eyebrow, a look of suspicion crossing his face for a moment. "Jennie, you say? Well, it's unusual for a Korean woman to have a name like that, but I'll take your word for it. I'll update her file with her name then," he said with a small nod.

The doctor nodded with a small smile and slowly left the area, wearing his esthethoscope around his neck.

Taehyung's P. O. V.

As the doctor left the room, Jimin turned to me with a perplexed look on his face and inquired, "how do you know her name?" to which I kept silent and remained lost in thoughts.

Jimin suddenly shook me out of my reverie, his hands firmly resting on my shoulders.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and answered Jimin's question with the first thing that came to mind, "You remember how she kept muttering "J" repeatedly? I don't.... remember the actual word, so I suppose Jennie would be a reasonable guess?"

I saw him nodding slowly in reply as if still isn't satisfied by my answer.

Why am I feeling that way?

The only thing I knew for sure was that Jennie was far from normal, but how extraordinary and foreign she actually was... I had no idea.